06║First Assignment

Besides her father and Lulana, no other person entered Czarina's room for the next few days. Not once did she step out of her bedroom for anything; her food was brought up to her room by Lulana, and during those times she came around, Czarina still continued with her plans of frustrating Lulana. At least, seeing Lulana more than once had brought up her spirits. But despite that, she still remembered everything that had happened. Behind all her superior cloak stood a lonely, little girl who was filled to the brim with a lot of aching pain.

━━━━━━━

Czarina sat back in her bed, smirking as she watched Lulana move through the room, mopping the floor using her hands and a rag, her knees on the ground. She purposely let her dog move about, leaving muddy pawprints here and there. It's paws were muddy because she had made Lulana give him a walk during the minutes just after dawn.

Czarina snickered a little, sipping iced tea through a straw as she was observed Lulana, the maidservant trailing the dog as it marched about. The poor dog hadn't even caught on to what that was happening and kept on idly walking about. When Czarina heard Lulana grumble something under her breath, she rolled her eyes and dropped the cup of iced tea on her bedside table. Czarina sat upright in a cross-legged manner, still smirking at Lulana. When she heard her mumble another complaint, she coughed into her fist and folded her arms.

"Um... Lulana?" she said and Lulana's shoulders raised and fell as she released a silent sigh.

Lulana turned around to stare at her, still on her hands and knees. "Yes Miss?"

Czarina snorted as she took in the way Lulana's eyebrows were slyly twitching. She leaned back on her palms and nudged her head towards her bathroom. "Give the dog a bath."

Lulana sighed softly and stood. "Yes Miss." She moved to the dog, tapped her lap and the dog looked at her. "Come."

The dog tilted his head, his tongue lolling from the corner of his mouth. Bruvver shifted his head to look at Czarina and she nodded, making a shooing gesture. Her dog stared at Lulana, barked once and dashed for the bathroom. It banged against the shut door and Lulana exhaled before she moved to it. She opened the door and the dog rushed in. Lulana shut the door behind them and soon the sound of running water filled the quiet room.

Czarina threw her head back and squeezed her eyes shut, a wicked grin on her face. Five, four, three, two, one. The dog began to whimper loudly, the sound of splashes coming from the bathroom. Czarina fell back on her bed and laughed out loud.

A series of beeps made her sit up. She rushed out of the bed and moved to her laptop, wiping away tears. She carried it and returned to her bed. Dropping on her stomach, she accepted the call. The second her friends' faces appeared, she received a loud laugh as greeting.

Farina hummed, an eyebrow lifted. "Hmm. What's making Czarina so happy early in the morning?"

Czarina held a fist to her mouth. "It's working."

"So I've heard."

Mauvine threw her hands up and grinned. "I'm finally back!"

"Really? When?" Czarina asked, swinging her legs back and forth.

"Two days ago. I couldn't visit because I had to sort out some things for my grandparents."

She shifted her gaze. "What about you Farina?"

"Back and mad!"

"Ha!" She folded her arms and placed her head on it. "So... when are we going to meet?"

"That's why we called," Mauvine chirped.

"So where do you suggest we meet?"

Czarina looked up. "I don't know... Somewhere calm and... nice."