27║First Wandering

It was like a dream, a dream that Czarina never ever, ever, ever thought that she could have: Her mother was in her room! She wasn't scowling, she wasn't blank-faced. She was simply... there... like a normal mother.

Czarina raised a brow. "M-Mum... what... what are you doing here with... with that?" she asked, pointing at the cloth that was in her mother's hands.

Reine stared at the long gown. She exhaled softly. "I wanted to personally hand over your dress to you."

Czarina frowned. "But... where am I wearing it to?"

Reine lifted an eyebrow. "Have you forgotten that tomorrow is the day that the Auster Festivals will be concluded? And that we're throwing a party to celebrate that here in this very house."

Czarina slapped her forehead. "Oh! I totally forgot about that!" She swiftly took the dress out of her mother's hands. Eying the cloth, she asked, "we didn't go out to shop for the dress, how did you know my exact size?"

"I'm your mother Czarina." Czarina flinched while Reine exhaled. "I know enough about you."

"Oh..." Czarina's eyebrows sagged. She looked to the side, rubbing her arm.

Reine waved a hand. "Anyways, there isn't much time left until your holiday elapses... but I'll try a little better." Czarina gave her a gentle nod and Reine nodded back. She placed her hands together. "I'll... be leaving now."

"Okay," Czarina said in a small voice. She looked at her mother as she left. As soon as the double doors clicked shut, Czarina rushed to her bed and threw the dress on it. As she was straightening out the gown in order to fully see its shape and design, her dog barked at her and she grinned at him. "Look Bruvver. A dress!" She laughed breathily. "Mum personally brought me my dress! This is so unreal!"

When she was done talking, she beamed at the cloth, already in love with it's simple yet dashing design. Staring at it for a long period of time brought tears of joy to her eyes. She gripped her chest and laughed.

"Is life going to get better for me?"

Czarina left the question unanswered and for no one, fawning over the gown. She couldn't stay in one place and was restless for the rest of the day. When dawn arrived the next day, she was leaping out of her bed as soon as her eyes were open, going straight to her closet. Like a sugar ant in a frenzied state, Czarina started attacking each and every cosmetics and shoes she owned. Yes, the party wasn't going to start until it was past dusk, but she was too happy for her own good.

The day went by with her fretting over every single thing. By the time the actual party started, she was dressed in the blood-red dress. Her makeup had been done beautifully, her hair designed with curlers and various hairpins. She was putting on a pair of elegantly beautiful silver sandals.

The party started normally without any form of special entry. Unlike the other party, each family or groups had their own reserved table. And unlike the other event, performers of all kinds were present to entertain the guests. Food and drinks of all sorts were served.

And unlike the other one, Czarina was at least happy, swaying to the sound of some songs that were either performed by artistes or played by the DJ. Her brothers didn't even bother to disturb her, the three of them scowling for the sake of themselves. Czarina was smiling throughout; but her smile dropped when she spotted Lulana.

Lulana was dressed like other servers in a butler's attire, a tray in her hands. At that moment, she was walking into the side door through which servers brought in all food and drinks.

Czarina bunched up her cloth in her hands as Lulana walked out through the door. I need to talk to her.

As she was getting up, a hand clamped around her wrist. She stared at the hand, then at her father who gave her a questioning look. "Where are you going with that stressed look on your face?"