His Majesty.

The Swan & The Crow x The Tudors;

" If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath."

~ Amit Ray.

***

A long silence fell upon Elizabeth Valentine as the King of England's stunning blue eyes glistened in her direction. King Henry VIII anticipated hearing the ideas from his lovely new guest whom he sought out for many weeks prior. With her long silver hair down her back, Elizabeth nervously slides her hand down the front of her bodice. Allowing the tips of her fingers to search for every pattern upon the upper part of her beautiful gown. Like rose thorns stretching out upon her torso, she focused on the patterns.

Beside her stood Thomas Cromwell. He held his large leather folder of paperwork with raised brows. His mouth slightly tightened as his gaze fell onto the woman who held an ego not that long ago.

Anne Boleyn, who forced her appearance, carefully sat beside her future husband with a most gracious smile. Pleased to know Elizabeth is nowhere near reaching out for Henry and is beside a man she truly thought to be Elizabeth's soulmate.

"Lady Elizabeth," Henry roars from the end of the long mahogany table planted just in the middle of his dining chamber. "Why don't you start. We have been standing here since yesteryear."

Anne giggled at his remark.

Elizabeth's shoulders tight, snapping out of her daze of nervousness. With a little "oh", from between her lips, Elizabeth awkwardly turns to desperately look up at Cromwell. With care, Thomas snaps open the leather book holding his documents, he then pulls out expensive parchment with well-written notes along with planned sketches and places them carefully onto the table surface. With his hands in a triangle form, Thomas slides the notes towards their King with a stern expression.

Quite frankly, Elizabeth is jealous of Thomas Cromwell's poker face. It was as if the lawyer was spirited and under control despite being many levels below those who sat before him.

"Lady Beth wanted to give you some ideas for now," Thomas starts, "I've read them myself and they are quite ingenious. Better than most notions I've seen recently. Isn't that right, Lady Beth?"

Elizabeth clears her throat, removing her hands from the front of her to place them beside her. Attempting to appear just as Cromwell, yet her fingers nervously dance beside her.

"Yes," Elizabeth spoke as Henry and Anne carefully gave her work a look of curiosity. "England is known for our warships. We've always excelled with these jewels for many years. But -"

"But?" Henry cocks one brow, his gaze flicker up towards Elizabeth with slight difficulty. Afraid she may somehow challenge his pride.

" - But we are not the best on land. I believe, perhaps, we should find better ways to slaughter thy enemies. So, I've come up with a few prototypes that could very well change our way of war." Elizabeth carefully shuffles before Cromwell, pointing her finger towards a parchment with a drawing of what appears to be a rifle. "With siege artillery and logistics, we could very well crush an empire if need be. These new personal firearms can be operated even by the less capable man. Archery is quite difficult for those who are not fit like His Majesty. However, with bronze and wrought iron artillery, our soldiers can smash down another army without a sweat."

Thomas listened in silence, watching with admiration. What used to be a woman of anxiety and doubt now stood before him as a woman with confidence and hope for her future. He studies how her long purposely set curls drip down the drift of her shoulder. Admiring the single beauty mark just at the nape of her neck where her hair enabled a sneak peek of her flesh.