Chapter 1: The 1st day of school

Please be kind and respectful. This is my first story! Enjoy!! If you like or enjoy the story please leave a comment or a vote. If you don't enjoy the story or see ways I can improve the story I always welcome constructive criticism. This story is going to be a bit different than the normal werewolf books; at least that's my goal. In some chapters it may be darker and there may be trigger warnings. I will always post in advance.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story!

"Emersyn wake up," my mom calls from the bottom of the stairs.

"Ughhhh okay, I'm up already," I call back as I slowly move out of bed. My head feels fuzzy and I don't feel well. I wonder if I'm coming down with a stomach bug as I hop in the shower and get ready for school.
I am a freshman at Absurd Community High School. Today is the first day of school and I already don't want to go. Sigh.

Ring ring I rush out of the shower to grab my phone.

"Hey!" I answer breathless.

"OMG you're never gonna guess who I just saw!" My best friend Hannah yells into the phone.

"Uh, your reflection," I joke back.

"No!" she takes a deep breath," Alpha Zander! And he's going to our school!"

I stay quiet as I really don't care for the formalities of the pack, nor do I fan myself over any guy. Especially Zander. We've all heard stories about him. Of course, no one knows if they're true or not, just hearsay.

"Hello! Em? Did you die on me?" Hannah's voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, sorry. You know how I feel about all that pack stuff," I reply grabbing some clothes.

"But still. This is Zander! He's different," She giggles out.

"Perhaps different is a good way to put it," I laugh out "Hannah, I going to finish getting ready. Want me to pick you up?"

"Um, sure I'll let Blake know I'm riding with you. See ya soon!" With that she hangs up.

"That girl has too much energy" I think to myself as I pop on some eyeshadow, mascara, and lip gloss. I picked out a simple look to start the year off just blue wash jeans and a black blouse. I grab my flats as I run downstairs.

"Hey Mom, hey Dad," I greet my parents, Tom and Carol McCrea.

"Hey honey glad to see you're alive," My mom jokes with a playful smile on her face.

"yeah yeah, you know I don't feel good ma," I mumble out grabbing a piece of toast and orange juice.

"Aw sweetie, it'll be fine. It's just the first day of school jitters," dad says taking a big sip of coffee.

"I hope so, I'm much too young to die!" I exclaim.

Mom and dad just roll their eyes at me and laugh.
"Are you picking Hannah up?" says mom.

"Yeah I'm heading out now. Do I need to pick Chase up this afternoon?" Chase is my younger brother. He's in second grade.

"No, I'll get him today. I am working from home today just catching up on paperwork," Mom responds, she works for the pack clinic as a nurse.

"Alright, sounds good. I love you guys," I call out as I head out towards my car.

Turning on some music I fly to Hannah's house. That is the nice thing about living in a pack. Everything is pretty close. Pulling up the Hannah's house I honk my horn.

"Hey girl," Hannah calls out climbing in the passenger seat. "So, about Zander," she starts again.

Sighing I glance over at her, "What about him?"

"I hear he got back from training and he still hasn't found his mate. Usually they travel until she's been found. I wonder what happened." Her eyebrows raise as she thinks it over. "Oh! What if he found her, and she rejected him? Can you imagine that? Our alpha mate less forever." She shudders heavily.

"Hannah, what if he wasn't looking? What if he just doesn't care at this moment in time? Perhaps he is too busy learning to run the pack to look for her?" I suggest.

"No. Everyone knows with a mate you're stronger. That's especially important for new alphas. He has to have a Luna before he can complete the whole moon ceremony." she rushes out.

"That's true. I honestly don't know Hannah. He is only 17. He has some time to find her still. Let's not talk more about this right now though," I plead as we pull into the school parking lot.

"Fine," she says dejectedly, "I'll let it go. Do you think we'll have any classes with him?"

"I doubt it. He is older than us." I say getting out of the car. Hannah comes around to my side pulling her long black hair up in the bun.

"Damn," She giggles out "Blake!" she yells out. Blake snaps his head around and locks eyes with Hannah and immediately comes over.

"Hey babe, hey Emersyn," Blake says before giving Hannah a quick kiss. Hannah and Blake have been dating for 2 years and just recently found out they are mates. Most were-wolfs find their mates between 14 and 18 years old. The stronger your wolf, the earlier the wolf connects with the human side. After the wolf makes the connection you can then find your mate. Most wolfs don't mark until both are 18. I suppose my wolf is pretty weak as I am 15 and still haven't heard her. Shaking myself out of these thoughts I grab Hannah's arm with one hand and Blake's in the other.

"Alright kids, let's go to school." let the year begin.