Confessions of a Sponge

"We need to talk, Squidward." Spongebob said in a worried tone.

We
Need
To
Talk

Those words kept replaying through Squidward's head. There isn't possibly anything bad Spongebob had to say to him, was there? Everything ended off good yesterday. The sunset was beautiful and so was the kissed they shared.

"No problem, Spongebob. Say what you have to say now." Squid was in anticipation waiting for the words to come out of his mouth.

"Yesterday was amazing and I had a great time with you. I want to be something more than just a sponge to you. I feel like you are pushing yourself to like me. I know I come off too strong at times, but I can't contain my excitement for you! I don't want to pressure you. Enough of my nonsensical rambling. What I'm saying is, I want you to be my boyfriend Squidward."

Squid could not believe what he just heard. Spongebob was confessing his feelings to Squidward in the most mature way possible. This can't be the same guy that was blowing animal shaped bubbles in his yard. No, this was another sponge standing in front of him.

"Spongebob, I accept your offer. I just want you to know I'm still dying if you haven't noticed. Why would you want to spend time with a unlucky man like me? I might jinx you."

"None of that matters to me, Squid! You need love and I can see it in your eyes. You're yearning for something you never got. I don't care if it's only for a little bit! The time we will spend will be great! I just know it!" Spongebob had tears in his eyes. The words were pouring from his big heart. A heart so big it could inflate.