Prologue

You've been stolen, traded, bought, lost, found, weaponized, swallowed, and then vomited. You've been through so much in your many, many, many, many years alive. You've been from realm, to realm, to realm and then stranded in space for gods know how long.

For billions of years, you and your brothers and sisters have existed in this universe as the greatest powers in all of existence. So many beings have looked to collect all of you and become the most powerful person alive, none have been so lucky.

But at least they still had dignity.

Being swallowed by a cat and then being vomited was not fun. Never would it be fun. You hoped it would never happen again.

The prophecy placed upon each of you has yet to be fulfilled. None of you have never been up to your full potential. Though, even without it, you seem to be powerful enough on your own.

In short, being an all-powerful entity within the whole universe was not always fun.

Especially when you were apparently prone to being swallowed by cats.

"Whosoever holds the Tesseract, should he be worthy, shall posses the powers of space."

That's what your prophecy stated.

But who, in the whole universe, is worthy enough to possess the power of an Infinity Stone? After everything you've been through, all the good, all the bad, and everything in between, there has never been one person who has been worthy of the power of the Tesseract. There has never been one person who has been worthy of the power of the Space Stone.

Then you met him and that seemed to change.