Six

"Selvig is almost ready. Barton is with that disaster of a team. It's almost time. Soon, my army will be ready." Loki told you.

You sat at a table, sighing. He looked over at you, "Something is bothering you." You shrugged, "Don't worry about it."

He shook his head and put a finger under your chin, making you look up at him. "No, something is wrong, dear, and I can tell."

You shook your own head and stepped away, turning from him to sit. "Just thinking."

"About?"

"Nothing, Loki." You told him.

He stepped closer, "About what, Y/N?"

You sighed and strained yourself, thinking about how to word the sentence. "Don't take this the wrong way. What I said about your worthiness before is true..."

He narrowed his eyes and you pursed your lips. You slowly told him, "I've been thinking... The first time I saw you, I saw the darkness in you. I assumed it would fade, but it has yet to do that."

He tilted his head. You sighed, "Loki, there's darkness in you, and it's made a home."

He sighed and turned swiftly, "It's almost time."

You sighed. How could someone with such darkness be this worthy. It's not that you were self-centered, it's the fact that he could weild an Infinity Stone that was so special. But he has such darkness in him... You feared for him.

Or maybe you feared him. You didn't know.

You summoned your armour and weapon. The battle would be soon.

~°~°~

"Are you ready, Lady Tesseract?" Loki asked you.

You sighed and nodded, "As I'll ever be."

He held out his hand and you took it, your armour set and your weapon ready. In the next moment, you were at Stark Tower.

You looked up to see Stark fly down and land on an outstretched platform. Machines began disassembling his suit while he walked down.

Stark made his way to the bar, shooting a look at you. You tilted your head and narrowed your eyes slightly.

You gaze turned back to Loki as he began speaking. "Please tell me you are going to appeal to my humanity."

Tony shook his head as he poured a drink, "Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

He chuckled, "You should have left your armour on for that."

Tony shrugged, "Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?" He offered one to the both of you. You didn't respond, you just sat and listened. Loki told him, "Stalling won't change anything."

Tony quickly responded, "No, no, no! Threatening. No drink? You sure? I'm having one."

Loki walked closer, you following behind him, "The Chitauri are coming, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?"

"The Avengers," he told him. Loki looked in confusion. You shook your head. Tony continued, "It's what we call ourselves. Sort of like a team. 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes' type of thing."

You finally spoke, "A team? I have been around the lot of you, and I don't see a team. You don't even see a team, Stark. Until you can prove otherwise, there's not much you can do to change my mind about the, what was it Banner said, 'bag of cats' you call a team."

Tony smiled, shrugging a shoulder, "Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here. Your brother," he pointed to Loki, "the demi-god; a super soldier, the living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."