Chapter 10

:: Emma's POV ::

"Just let him know I'll be down in a minute. I just have to get my dress on."

I looked over at my doorway where Tonya stood checking in on my progress of getting ready. Tonight was JJ's big charity gala and to be honest, I was a nervous wreck. This was a big deal and I just wanted to make sure that I represented him in the best way I could.

"Okay girl, hurry up. He's gettin all antsy down there. He looks so handsome too."

The cheesy grin on Tonya's face was definitely adding to my nerves, as if that were even possible. I couldn't wait to see him all cleaned up, I had gotten so used to seeing him in his practice and after practice attire, I was certainly looking forward to seeing him in some formal wear. Besides, what girl doesn't love a man all dressed up?

"Is this ready to go down?" Tonya gestured with a nod of her head to the small suitcase that lay by my bed, "I can take it down."

"Yes." I nodded, "Thanks."

She gave me a final smile before grabbing the suitcase and backing out of my room. I gave myself a once over before I retreated to get my dress from the closet. I had spent countless hours searching for my dress, some dresses I tried on were too matronly, and others were extremely juvenile. Apparently designers were not in the business of making formal dresses for the mid twenty year old. It was really a struggle to find what I was looking for but after a dozen stores and eight hours of trying on dresses, I finally found it.

I freed the dress from the hanger and proceeded to put it on. I immediately remembered why I loved the dress so much as it began to hug my curves perfectly. The dress was long sleeved and made up of beads and sequins; it was form fitted, the hem line fell just below mid thigh, a perfect length to remain classy yet still sexy enough that JJ would certainly appreciate it. As far as the color goes, black. Personally, there's no color that's as timeless and formal as black, in my opinion at least.

I looked myself over in the mirror, inspecting every angle of myself in this dress. The last thing I wanted to do was go out looking foolish. As I eyed up the back of the dress I once again remembered the reasons why I loved it so much. Not only did it make my ass look totally amaze but the way the neck line scooped lower in the back was really sexy. I felt satisfied that JJ was going to love it.

I spritzed myself one last time with my favorite Michael Kohrs perfume and grabbed my black platform soled pumps from beside my mirror. I was going to prolong putting them on as long as I possibly could. Let's face it, pain is beauty and us girls are well aware of how torturous it can be to spend a night in heels.

I felt the butterflies in my stomach begin to multiply as I made my way down the stairs to see JJ. I could only imagine how handsome he looked and I couldn't wait to be on his arm. Tonight was kind of our official coming out event; a lot of pressure was riding on tonight. Can you really blame me for being so nervous?

I turned the corner to see him standing there, talking with Noah. I stopped in my tracks and put my hand on my heart, he looked so handsome I could hardly stand it. The black suit that was perfectly tailored to fit his large 6'5 285lb frame looked amazing but the crisp white dress shirt and the black bow tie really made him look sharp. His normal hat covered blond locks were a perfectly spiked mess. He looked incredible and he was all mine.

"Babe!" I couldn't help to coo at him, "You look so handsome."

"Emma...." I suddenly felt unsure as he looked me over, "You look..."

He shook his head as his eyes wandered up and down the length of my body. I felt myself growing more and more nervous as the hesitation continued.

"Awe, you have him speechless!" Tonya chimed in as she patted him on the back.