Loss and Fear

i don't know enough about mandalore but i'm doing this anyways

inspired by the last of us 2 at the end. swear warning.

- - -

"Fenn was hurt," Bo muttered, as she jumped off the speeder and practically ran to Ursa and Alrich. They looked over to her with concern, as Ursa placed a hand on Bo's shoulder when she continued, "one of my scouts saw him, with some guy. I didn't get a good description of them."

"Tell us what you know." Alrich responded, with his usual soft tone, as Ursa nodded. Bo took a deep breath, as they walked into the temporary camp.

"Where was his last known location?" Ursa asked, as she pulled up a map of the capital.

"There," she pointed to a spot on the map, her voice shaky, "we were going to meet at the east edge of the city. But he never made it."

"There aren't many of us left," Alrich sighed, "the three of us will go, head to where he last was."

"The new guy my scout told me about, the one who had Fenn..." Bo began pausing to think, then looking up to Ursa, "this explains the disappearances of our people."

"But we need to know why," Ursa responded, "maybe we can get some answers here."

"Maybe," Alrich put his hand in hers, "I'll meet you outside." Bo and Ursa both nodded, as they walked out of the tent and went to the speeders. Alrich leaned against the holotable, taking a deep breath, before pressing a few buttons.

"Alrich?" a twi'lek appeared on the hologram. He tried his best to smile, but couldn't even force one,

"General Syndulla," he looked up at her, "any news on Sabine?"

"I don't know where she is," Hera sighed, "but, I know she's safe."

"You do?" he rose a brow.

Hera nodded, "She went looking for Ezra..."

"So she isn't missing?"

"No," Hera smiled softly, "not that I know of. She just... she left without telling anyone."

"Are you going after her?"

"I don't know," Hera responded, "I'm not exactly sure where she is."

"I need you to try and make contact with her," Alrich held back tears, "we have word on a new threat on Mandalore. Fenn Rau is captured, maybe even dead. There's a chance Ursa and I won't make it out of this."

"I can send reinforcements," Hera suggested, "it wouldn't be much. Maybe Ketsu and a few others."

"Don't," he told her, "if we don't make it, I just want Sabine to be safe. Tristan too, I've already sent him back to Krownest."

"Understood," Hera frowned, "be careful."

- - -

"Was that General Syndulla?" Ursa asked, as they hid the speeders in an alleyway. Alrich sighed, nodding a little,

"Sabine is safe."

Ursa followed him down the empty streets, noticing his change in emotion,

"Where is she?"

"She went looking for Bridger," he explained quietly, "she wasn't taken like the others."

The woman sighed in relief, a small smile even appeared on her face, "That makes me feel a lot better about this."

"Me too..."

"Something else?" she looked over to him, holding her blaster in one hand.

"I love you..." He kissed her quick. She kissed back, then looked into his eyes,