Chapter Twelve [Devon]

Chapter 12

Devon

I hear singing in the living room. A sad R&B song.

She woke up before me and once I heard the strum of the guitar strings, I figured I'd give her space. Last night almost had me calling Lucy right in front of her just to prove that I care more about our relationship.

The song is about heartbreak and betrayal and I close my eyes feeling like shit. I'm going to have to answer Lucy's next call or at least call her back and let her know to leave me alone.

Although Win still shared the same bed with me last night, her heart is feeling hurt. She told me she wants it all and I can see myself giving her everything.

My phone dings and I groan, dreading the fact that it could be Lucy. Reaching over to my nightstand and unlocking the screen I see it's not Lucy.

Dez: I need you to come over for breakfast.

Frowning, I sit up and stare at the screen. She needs me to?

I haven't been the best brother to her and I'm starting to see that I need to gain that bond with her again. Desperate to build that bond again, I get up, and curious enough to see why she needs me, I head into the shower.

Closing the door behind me, I walk over to turn the shower on. But before I get in, I turn around and grab my toothbrush. I let the water run as I brush my teeth and look at myself in the mirror. I look sad as fuck only wearing my boxers. I feel a little defeated because although we shared a passionate kiss last night, she still wanted to slow things down and we had no sex. I still needed to touch her though so I still made her snuggle up to me.

Turning off the water to the sink, I take my boxers off and make my way over to the shower. Washing my hair and lathering my body with soap helps calms my nerves a little bit. I never meant to hurt Win and I don't intend to. I'm not a mean person either so I'm not sure what exactly to say to Lucy to not come off as a complete dick.

Facing the shower head, I lean my head down and let the water run down from the top of my head down to my shoulders.

The shower door opens and Win stands there watching me with caution in her eyes. I feel like a fucking loser for putting that look on her face. Taking in her body, she has stripped naked and some of her blonde hair is covering her shoulders coming down to the sides of her breast. She's a fucking goddess and my dick gets hard just by her standing there.

Stepping back from the spraying water, I extended my hand and notice how she hesitates on taking it. A part of me doesn't want to lose her this early on in the relationship because I already hurt thinking about it, but the other part of me thinks that if she were to leave me this early on then that would be for the best.

Fortunately, she takes my hand and steps in front of me and now the water is spraying her back. I can tell she's trying to control her breathing as her chest heaves up and down, but her dark doe eyes look at me like she's looking for an answer.

With my other hand, I wrap my hand around the back of her neck, entangling my fingers in her hair and pulling her head back softly.

Pressing her soft body against mine, I have to look down and meet her questioning gaze, "I'm sorry, little dove." She tries to shake her head, but I hold her hair tighter causing her to stay still and a soft whimper slips from her lips and my dick reacts to the little sound. I lean down to kiss her shoulder and I feel her hand move to my hip and it takes everything in me not to move faster, but I want her to be in this moment with me. She sighs and arches her neck, I move to kiss the side of her neck before I tell her softly, "It wasn't my intention to hurt you."