10- Related?!!

[Luna's PoV]

"What's happening here? Why are you here? Leo? Kyle?" I stood up quickly and brushed myself neatly, "Who are they?" The adults looking at us, at me looked as confused as I am, but the 2 others that look about the same age as I am seemed more shocked than confused. Like they have seen me somewhere before.
"Though I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems like a few of us know you. We were having a family meeting and I think we have some questions for you." The man who stood tall and proud in the middle took the lead in this situation and invited me in to talk. I turn to look at Leo then at Kyle then back at the man in front and nodded, following him inside, the rest of them behind us.
We sat around the table, that man sitting at the head of it and the lady with a warm face, who has been by his side, sat on his right. The other 2 adults sat on his left with the other 2, whom I presume are their children sat beside them. I followed Leo and Kyle sitting beside that lady. I sat in between Leo and Kyle and couldn't help staring at them both, questions spilling from my eyes, still kept in confusion. What exactly is going on?!!

I kept my head low, not daring to look at their faces. Shivers went down my spine as I felt all of stares piercing through my soul. This doesn't seem good... why did I decide to come... I kicked Leo's leg with the back of my shoe, blaming him for the cause of this mess. "AH!" he yelped, breaking the silence. "I- I mean ah... so we are going to discuss about the engagement aren't we?" He tried to salvage his sudden yelp and he slide me an intense glare, as if to give me a warning that he would take his revenge on me. Hmph! Bring it on! I smirked slightly and quickly lowered my head again. 

"We did want to discuss about the important matter between you and my daughter, before this girl who should not know or have access this place, barged in uninvited." The man at the head of the table spoke and I peeked a glance at him. He seems so familiar somehow. But how could it be? How could I know of someone who looks so prestigious? 

"She-" Both Leo and Kyle spoke at the same time and they stared at each other as if competing for something. "I'll speak for her since I invited her here, Kyle." Leo spoke up and Kyle sat back, feeling frustrated. He started explaining how he invited me here for and who I am and how we ended up in that situation just now. Everyone listened carefully at how he explained my situation and I was glad that he did so. But there was one thing that still confused me. Since it was an engagement matter that was to do with Leo, why is Kyle here? Is he part of the girl's family? How do they both know each other? I had so many questions for them, but most importantly I want to know how Kyle had been doing after all these years. After all, I won't be able to forget that day we met... that day when I lost everything. After Leo was done explaining, I looked at him and gave him a nod of thanks and smiled. 

There was a moment of silence until the young lady, who looked around my age, probably a little older, spoke. "So, this lady beside you is a working partner, yet you invited her to our family matters? Can't she speak for herself then?" She gave me a look of disgust and disdain, speaking in a slightly high pitch voice, making her sound of a higher authority. "Shut-" Leo stood up and wanted to defend me, but I pulled him back down and shook my head. "You don't have to." I whispered.

Then, I stood up. "Yes. I am not part of this family business. I am just his business partner. But I have my own rights to sit here, as someone invited by Leo, someone who is the centre of this important matter. With his invitation, I have as much rights as you to sit here and listen to this. And yes, I can speak for myself. But I can't help it if Leo is such a gentleman to help explain the situation I got into, can I?" I stood up and stared into her eyes. After my speech, I sat down with a huff. It was after a few seconds did I realise what I just did. Did I just... say all that when I am not even suppose to be here... 

"Ahem! So with all that, I hope to be able to start on the important matters. This young man here, Leo Kouen will be engaged to my daughter, Luna. However, as we all know that she has been missing since years ago. I've heard new though, that she is in this city now and I hope that I would be able to find her in time for her engagement. Leo?" The man at the head of the table announced. Luna? The name struck me once he said it. This daughter of his has the same name as me? That's rare... 

The lady beside him looked me up and down then spoke with a warm tone, "You look really like how my daughter would at this age. I wonder how she is now... Kyle, do you have any news of her?" She turn to Kyle and looked at him with pleading eyes, really hopeful for news of her daughter. Ah, so this is how a real mother cares for her child. I can't remember when was the last time I felt such warmth and worry from a family member. It's so different to have someone to care for you, to be waiting for you at home, worried for your well-being. While I have nothing. Why ask Kyle though? Why would Kyle know or have any information about her daughter? 

I did not expect him to say that, but he did. "I do have some information about her. You can even say that I've found her after this 10 years." He replied to the lady and turn to look at me. What? Do I know something? "That's why I hope the engagement can be cancelled." I looked at him shocked. Why does he want to cancel someone else's engagement that has nothing to do with him???? My body slumped into the chair and I felt my soul leave my body when I heard what Kyle said next:

"She's mine from now on. I won't let you take her away from me."

"Brother."

[A/N] It's been monthsssssssssssssssss since I updated this story and I'm so so so so sorry!! It just have been a very busy and hectic school year for me and I just finished my year end examinations, so I decided to gift you guys this chapter FINALLY... I do hope you guys would continue to support me and my stories as well as my characters. I'll see you in the next chapter! In the meanwhile, you can check out my other 2 stories in my profile: 'Maybe We Can Rewrite the Stars' and 'You're My Mistake'. See you!!