Chapter 2

Chilton Preparatory School. 

To the outside eye, it is an intimidating building, made with irreplaceable history and wealth; filled with the pompous children of the wealthiest of the area. A breeding ground of the next generation of people who have more money than they know what to do with; that's disguised as an institute to shape the minds of America's future.

For Juliette, this was her domain. She had been at Chilton since the beginning of middle school, which is the earliest age of acceptance. Jules knew each scratch in the floor and each window with a broken lock, in the cold and daunting building. She felt comforted by the knowledge that was constantly surrounding her, and the opportunities that were presented, should she which to take them - which she often did. It's a building that grips her in comfortable familiarity.

But today, as she gets out of her grandmother's car - who insisted on driving her - her usual comfortable feeling of the school has been replaced. Replaced with a great, big, flashing, red sign saying 'Intruder!'

Jules feels like she should be ringing a warning bell to the village and bringing up the drawbridge, preparing for battle. But unfortunately Chilton does not have a moat, and the enemy will advance regardless; because as much as she hates to admit it, the enemy is a Gilmore after all.

"Would you like to come to the Headmaster's office with me to welcome your sister?" Juliette gives her Grandmother and deadpanned look at the mere mention of Rory.

"Thank you Grandma, but I need to go and speak to one of my teachers before class begins about an essay that I need some clarification on."

"Yes, well, off you pop then. Education waits for no woman!" Emily gives her granddaughter a quick kiss on the forehead before letting Jules walk away.

Juliette supposes that she should feel a little guilty, how easy it was to lie to her Grandmother; but there was no way in HELL she was going to be part of the Chilton welcoming committee, the further distance she could keep from her sister, the better.

Upon walking towards her locker, Jules spots her two best friends waiting for her. She threw herself into Lauren's arms, forcing Lauren to drop her text book that she was holding so that Juliette wouldn't fall to the floor.

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,Signifying nothing." Juliette dramatically placed the bag of her hand to her forehead as if she were fainting as her two friends laugh down at her.

"Our poor little William Shakespeare, tell us what your problems are?" Lauren helps Juliette up to her feet again and returning to putting her fallen books in the locker next to Juliette's.

"The satan spawn is infiltrating today." Juliette pouts and leans against her closed locker. "Grandma dropped me off here as well to go be part of the Chilton welcoming committee. I'm surprised she didn't bring balloons or something."

Lauren softly stroked Juliette's arm, "It's okay to be jealous Jules, she's starting to come into your life more and more and interact with the people you will."

"I am most certainly not jealous! Besides she will never catch up, we are already over a month into the year."

Charles throws his arms around his two female friends and steers them down the hallway, "Don't worry, you will still be our favourite Gilmore. Besides, I've already heard Paris Geller plotting against her, apparently she's into journalism." Juliette looks up at the smirk on Charlie's face, "She's not going to last a minute!"

Juliette did feel a little bad for Rory. Truly. Yes, there is so much bad blood between them because of Lorelai, Juliette didn't really want Rory to be eaten alive on her first day. This is no way means that they are going to be giving each other face masks and braiding each other's hair, but maybe she should talk to Paris and get her to lay off.