Prologue

Darkness looms around her world. Unknown to the bright girl, black energy strong as ever always followed her around, never fading. The eyes that observe her every movements had never gone away as they waited patiently for the time to finally prey on her. The girl however was very oblivious by it.

Her bubbly steps that dives into the puddles on the streets made it seem like there hasn't been a heavy downfall for the last two days.

A transparent umbrella was gripped by her hand, which she will use just in case it started raining again.

Song Heejun

I trudge along the streets, finally feeling free from my suffocating room. Three days ago, the weather forecaster had stated that it will be sunny and bright for the next two days, but clearly they were wrong because the next day, endless rain poured heavily.

I jumped on the puddles that was left stagnant on the streets while humming to myself. The umbrella in my hand was the one I reluctantly bring along after hearing my mom's lecture about how the clouds may suddenly cry again. Which translates to started raining. Again.

It was seemingly out of my usual self as said by my dad, when I told them I wanted to have a walk outside.

"Can I walk around the neighbourhood?" I asked mom and dad who were watching the television while I walked down the stairs.

My dad turned around with the most incredulous look on his face, "You?" He started, "At this hour?" He looked at the wall clock situated right above the television.

"I don't know sweetheart, it's nearly pass 5. It's dangerous." He spoke with soft, gentled voice.

"I'll be fine." I reassured him.

My dad frowned, "Funny how you suddenly wanted to go outside though..." He stared at me.

"I just needed fresh air, dad." I told him.

"But-" Before he could say anything, my mom interjected him, "You can go honey. But don't forget to bring an umbrella. Who knows when the clouds would start crying again."

"No, it's okay. I can just-" My mom once again cuts through the conversation and started talking about the rain.

I laugh quietly by myself while shaking my head. Just the thought of my parents sent giggles into me.

"Hilarious." I mumbled as I grin from ear to ear until I came to a halt.

In front of me was the playground that held so much of my childhood memories. I walk on the grass, not caring for my sneakers anymore since they were already dirty from all the splashes of puddles.

I put the umbrella down and sat on the swing with both hands gripping on the swing's chains as I push myself with my feet. The day was starting to get darker, was what I realised after sitting down on the swing.

My eyes was brought up to the sky which was painted with purplish pink clouds and orange sunset rays. I sigh at the breathtaking sky.

"How beautiful." I murmured mindlessly and pry my eyes off the sky. Then, roaming my eyes around the playground while reminiscing my childhood days.

I didn't really know how long I was swinging on the swing and going down my memory lane.

But when the day was already darker than I thought, I notice a dark figure running helplessly in a distance.

Alarmed by the sight, I stop myself from swinging and instead focus on the figure.

The dark figure turns out to be a man. A distressed man. He was clutching onto his abdomen with pain striking his face while frantically looking back and straight.

Now I was on my feet and was ready to run after grabbing the umbrella but something or someone made me stop my movements.

There, the devil walks with his eyes void of emotions while pointing a gun at the frenzied man before him, unaware of my presence.

When suddenly, bang!