Chapter 7 ~ Who got attacked? ~ 🎼

~ 2 weeks later: 17:20/ Library ~

~ Alexander's POV ~

"So, you're saying that you were hearing voices and when you looked back, nobody was there?" Hailey asked me.

I nodded.

"And you only told me now?"

"Hehe, sorry," I say as I scratch the back of my head.

"Zander!" Drew shouted running to me and Hailey as his tie flails around his neck. Yeah, we're now also on a first-name basis.

"This is a library, Mr. Pines! Quiet down." Our librarian, Ms. White whisper-shouted. Drew stopped and looked at Ms. White.

"Sorry Miss." Ms. White just nodded and Drew walked to me and Hailey.

"Is there something wrong Drew?" I asked.

"Have you seen Jake anywhere? We searched everywhere he would be, we couldn't find him." He said, he looked so worried.

"Why does he concern us? He's your best friend right?" I growled at Hailey.

"Jeez, chill Alexander." She said with her hands in front of her in defense. "Why do you only growl at me, whenever McCartney's concerned?"

"You don't know what Jake's going through, Hailey." I faced Drew. "Let's go?" He nodded.

~ Hailey's POV ~

I was kinda shocked by Zander's sudden change of attitude, he was never that concerned about anyone, especially with McCartney... Of all people... Did something happen between the two, that I didn't know?

~ Jake's POV ~
~ 19:30 ~

I'm here at top of the highest astronomy tower, my legs dangling at the edge. Singing a song I found on Drew's muggle device called a 'phone'.

English translation

Hey, what if everything could be thrown away?
Wouldn't living happily be easier?
My chest is aching again
So don't say anything else

Hey, what if everything could be forgotten
Wouldn't living without tears end up easier?
But I can't do that so
Don't show me more

No matter how close you bring me
My heart remains one

Horrible, it's horrible; Just take my corpse
Destroy it, shred it, do what you please
I'm screaming, I'm struggling, and my eyelids are swelling
But you're still holding me close, and won't let go
So I'm okay

Hey, what if my wish was granted
I'd want the same thing as you
But I'm not real
Well, at least come over here

No matter how much you love me
My heart is still lonely

Stop, please stop, you didn't have to be nice
I've tried but still can't understand
It hurts, I'm in pain, teach me with your words
I don't know any of this, please don't leave me alone

Horrible, it's horrible; Just take my corpse
Destroy it, shred it apart, do what you please
I'm screaming, I'm struggling, and my eyelids are swelling
But you're still holding me close, and won't let go
And it's fine now

Hey, what if I had a heart
How do I fill that hole?
With a little smile, you say
"I've found it"

I imagined how Daisy would've rejected me, and Zander being there for me as I sang the song. He was the one who comforted, helped me, and surprisingly he could answer all my questions. And my heart thumped as I thought about him, I shake my head.

"I can't be falling for him," I said to myself, then I was surprised when I heard someone clapping behind me.

"Wow, never thought you could sing." I looked behind me, there was someone there but his face was hidden.

"How long were you there?" I said wiping my tears.

"From the beginning to the end." He walks into the moonlight.

"Zander..."

"Drew and the others have been looking for you, you know?" He walks towards me and pulls me away from the edge.

"I can stand by myself, you know?" I said, standing up and shaking off the dust.

"I know that, but just in case you wanted to jump." He says then he chuckles.

"Rude," I said, looking away from him.

Zander then hugged me. "E-eh! Z-zander? I-is something wrong?" He looks at me and kisses my forehead, from which I blushed slightly.

"Nothing's wrong, c'mon, let's go down to the Hall."

He holds my hand and we walk hand in hand, down the stairways, through the student-filled corridors, straight to the Hall, and opened the door with a BANG. There were only a few students inside the hall.

He ignored the students who looked surprised when they see us holding hands because he didn't let go of me until we were at their spot at the Gryffindor's table.

"I knew you were queer, but why him of all people?" A pink-haired girl said dryly and pointed to me.

"Wait... Queer... You mean Zander's Gay?!"

"Shut it Millicent, none of your business." He makes me sit beside him, and he holds my hand under the table. "You'll be sitting with me tonight." He whispers to me.

Millicent teased us and Zander shot her a life-threatening look. Milly laughs and continued to tease him.

The door to the Hall once again opened with a BANG and Drew, Liam, and Henry came in. They were all sweating.

"Someone has been attacked!" They all shouted at the same time, and I saw Millicent flinch.

They came near us and grab Zander off his seat.

"I think you need to know who it is." Since he was still holding my hand, I was once again, pulled along with him.