Chapter 11 ~ Dumped ~

~ Alexander's POV ~

When I took out my wings, I saw Jake just staring.

"Is this his first time to see a Veela?" I asked myself.

"It's b-beautiful," Jake says as he reaches out for my wing.

I smile and extended my wing for him, so he could touch it. He lightly touches it, slowly petting it, as if it was a dog, wanting head pats. I relaxed from the touch, enjoying it, I was also purring quietly and my wings slowly retracted back in. I put my clothes back on and looked at the sunrise. Jake stood beside me and I saw him smiling as we watch the sun slowly come up.

"Does Hailey know what you are?" He asked.

"W-well, no..." He looked at me somewhat shocked.

"Am I the only one that knew?" I shook my head.

"You and my Mom knew, but Mom never mentioned it to Hailey and my stepfather." He gave me a confused look.

"Why?"

"Hailey's father hates me, but I'm fine with it," I said with a grin.

"No, you're not fine Zan!" Jake shouted at me, his hand on my shoulder, his grip tightened.

I removed his hand on my shoulder and walked past him.

"Zan-" He faced me and was about to shout my name, but I cut him off.

"Let's just go to breakfast? Shall we?" I smiled sweetly at him, and held out my hand for him, in case he wants to hold hands.

He blushed, took my hand, I intertwined them, and we kept quiet as we walked down the student-filled corridors heading for the Hall.

As we enter the hall, I see Milly sitting alone, Her normally cheery and smiling face, turned to looking rather tired. And she sighs now and then.

I let go of Jake's hand, waved 'talk to you later' to him, and went to our table. And I watched Jake go to their table and sat beside his friends.

"Good morning Milly, what happened?"

"I just... Didn't get enough sleep." She yawned.

"Where's Luke and Sean?" I asked and she slowly lowered her head, resting on her arms.

"I don't know, they said they'll be in the library during breaks if you have something to tell them." She said in a muffled tone.

I look over at the door, waiting for them to show up, it's almost 7... They're late.

I looked over at the headmistress, who was talking to Professor Gryene. Professor Montero was annoying Professor Rosewood, and it looks like any minute now, she was going to snap.

I sniggered at the sight.

~ Jake's POV ~

I was gonna tell Zander I was a Veela too, but he cut me off...

"Let's just go to breakfast? Shall we?" He said, smiling sweetly at me, and held out his hand for me. I felt my face become hot, I took it, of course, his hand was warm, he intertwined them, we quietly walked down the corridors, and into the Hall.

He let go of my hand before Zoey and Lia could see it. He waved at me. I watched him go to their table, sitting down in front of Milly, who looked like a fresh zombie.

I walked to our table and sat between Zoey and Lia. They usually sat together but now, there was a gap between them. They turned to me, their reactions were unreadable.