Chapter 8 ~ Petrified ~

~ 20:36 ~

~ Alexander's POV ~

Drew held my other hand dragging me with him, to where students were flocking. I didn't let go of Jake, so he got dragged along with me.

"What kind of attack?" I asked as we were running. (S-slow down!" Jake says behind me.)

"We d-don't know what happened, but she was like a s-statue." Henry said, out of breath. Liam let Henry grab on his hand, so he wouldn't fall back. "Thanks, Liam." Henry smiled at Liam. Liam looked away, blushing a bit.

"How cute."

On the wall ahead, foot-high words had been daubed on the wall between two windows, shimmering in the light cast by the flaming torches.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE.

"Her stepbrother is here, MOVE." Vinson, the school caretaker interrupted the students whispering about.

The crowd parted, and then I gasped as I saw Hailey on the floor, stiff as a board, her eyes wide and staring. A puddle of water on the left side of her body.

Daisy crying beside her.

Luke was leaning on Sean.

Milly just stared blankly at Hailey's corpse-like position.

Jake looked away still gripping my hand, but tighter because he still didn't want to see Daisy.

I, on the other hand, couldn't say anything, I was shocked.

Then, our headmistress Rosy Éxypnos (Ek-sip-nos), with a couple of professors came into view. She flicked her wand at Hailey and made her float.

"Alright children, I want you all back in the Hall NOW." She said in a sweet but scary voice. All the students obeyed and followed.

Liam, Henry, Drew, Luke, Sean, Daisy and Milly stayed with us.

"Ooooh~ What happened here?" Ayanna said, her head poking out the wall, she's was one of the Hogwarts ghosts, that have lived here for a long time.

"It's none of your concern, Ms. Cyrus," Éxypnos says.

"Oh! Hi Vinson! How are you and your Dale? It's been too long since I last saw you out of your office." Said Ayanna focusing on Vinson, ignoring what Éxypnos said.

The caretaker blushed and spun around to walk away. Ayanna tailed him, floating above him, and bombarding him with questions. We saw him turn into a black dog with blue and light blue highlights, as he tries to run away from Ayanna.

"Wow, that was an Animagi."

Éxypnos turned to us, gesturing for us to follow her.

"My office is much closer Headmistress, just upstairs, please feel free."

"Thank you, Adrian." Said Éxypnos.

Montero, looking excited and important, hurried after Éxypnos, so did Professor Rosewood, and Gryene.

As we entered Montero's office, I saw a couple of Monteros in the pictures dodging out of sight, their hair in rollers. The real Montero cleaned the mess on his desk and stood back.

Éxypnos slowly put Hailey down on the polished surface and examined her. Professor Gryene was also examining her, his eyes narrowed.

Professor Rosewood just sat there, her eyes closed as if in deep thinking.