Chapter 9 ~ What's a Veela? ~

"Father? Why do I have rainbow feathers while you have white feathers? And why do we even have wings in the first place?" I bombarded my father with questions, stretched my wings, and flapped them slowly.

He looked at me and cocked his eyebrows. He reached over to a bookshelf, ran his fingers through the rims of the books. He pulls out a book titled 'Magical Creatures' and gave it to me.

"Lina?" My father said dryly and a female elf, wearing a worn-out pillowcase popped out at the corner of the room.

"What does Master need of Lina?" She asked politely.

"Make my son soup, while he reads his book." He said not looking away from the book he's reading.

"Yes, Master." Lina politely said and popped out of the room.

"Read page 33." He says putting the book he was reading on the table, stood up, and left the room.

Veela's are considered to be one of the most powerful of magical creatures. A Veela goes through their inheritance during their 15th or 16th birthday. If their mate rejects them, the Veela dies within 48 hours. A Veela can kill anyone if they feel their mate is threatened or hurt. Veela's can live way longer than wizards and witches.

A dominant Veela tends to be very protective of their mate and family, especially when their mate is pregnant. Veela's growl at people that mock their mate. They can find their mate by scent, 'Amortentia' their favorite scents. A dominant Veela has either white or ash-colored wings, and when they get angry their feathers become razor-sharp and can cut through anything, including diamonds.

A submissive Veela has rainbow-colored wings, and their feathers are very soft to touch. They are only submissive to their mate. They always crave their mate's touch, it makes them calm and purrs at the same time. When they get angry their feathers also become razor-sharp. Veela's will get their first heat when during their 18th birthday.

I never thought I would be a submissive Veela... I never thought I was actually a Veela in the first place.

After I finished reading the details, Lina popped out again at the corner, now holding a steaming hot chicken soup. She put it on the table beside the book my father was reading and popped out again. I closed the book, and held the soup close to my face, as I close my eyes, and I took a long sip, enjoying the aroma and taste of the soup.

Word count: 428