Chapter 2: The Day Before

Lucy POV

The 2 days of planning were finally running out... and in the end, this is the plan we all came up with: Levy and I were going to do work and have our daily routines just like always, but with our respective guard teams following us and keeping Natsu and Gajeel away.

Over the course of these last 2 days, Cana and Wendy came up with lots of ideas and methods to entertain Natsu... from asking help on fake and absurd requests, to lying to him about Happy being kidnapped by some random criminal...

It may all sound very simple and ridiculous, but at the same time, we thought it was enough. I mean, it's Natsu, Gajeel and Laxus we are talking about. They may have an urge to mate, but it can't be that extreme... right?

Anyway, it was now the last day before mating season, and I woke up just as always. I rubbed my eyes since I was still a little sleepy, and let the sunlight bath me entirely with its shine.

Surprisingly, even while knowing what was going to happen just the next day, I felt very... VERY relaxed. However, that calm and unusual peace disappeared soon... when I just happened to look at one side only to find none other than Natsu himself sitting on my couch with Happy right next to him.

"Yo! Lucy!!" Natsu greeted me with his typical smile.

"What the... This is my room!!" I yelled while grabbing my pillow and throwing it at him.

"Wow, what a way to welcome me after 2 days" he muttered, a bit salty.

"Well, I'm sorry" I replied while pouting angrily and with my arms crossed. "But that's what you get for barging in without permission. What are you doing in my room anyway?!"

"Your room is really comfy!" he added while smiling.

"Sure it is, but that's not the only reason... right, Natsu?" Happy said with his typical teasing face.

At that moment, Natsu looked to one side and scratched his nose a bit. "Yeah... I also kinda missed spending time with you" he finally replied while slightly blushing, something that caught my full attention and startled me along the way.

I certainly didn't expect that answer at all. But for some reason, hearing those words coming from him formed a smile in my face. Seriously... feeling happy for being told that he missed me...

What was going on with me?

"I'm gonna take a shower" I then happily claimed while stretching and heading towards the bathroom. "After that, we can all go to the guild together, is that okay?"

"Sure" Natsu finally replied with a big smile.

And so, following our short walk to the guild, we spent the rest of the day just as we always do. We took some jobs, we beat up some bad guys, we earned some money, Natsu of course broke lots of things which caused us to lose most of the money (like always), and then we finally headed back to guild in order to chill around with our friends for the rest of the day.

Of course, most of them just couldn't help but to watch Natsu, Gajeel and Laxus closely while thinking  hard on what was going to take place tomorrow. However, even for as much concern as all of my comrades showed in their expressions, I just felt none... NONE AT ALL... I had so much fun hanging out with Natsu and Happy that I even almost forgot about tomorrow!

Nonetheless, I was then finally reminded of it when Cana suddenly approached to talk with me.

"Hey Lucy!" my brown-haired friend said, cheerfully.