Chapter 3: Unexpected Development

Lucy POV

Last night was so tiring, but it was a whole new day now... I woke up early in the morning and after taking a shower, getting changed and having breakfast; Wendy, Carla and I headed to the guild. That's right... those 2 spent the night with me... You may be confused as to what they were doing here in the first place, so let me explain what happened yesterday with details...

...

<<Flashback>>

"Well, I think I'll get going" Natsu said while standing from my couch in a rush. "I'll see you tomorrow, Lucy" he finally added while showing me a smile, only to then finally leave through the window.

"Yeah... see you tomorrow, Natsu"

A few minutes later... Cana, Wendy, Happy and Carla came to my house, panting from exhaustion and worried as hell. They had clearly been searching for me, desperately.

In any case, right after explaining everything that had happened that day... and getting a few teasing comments from Cana herself... they all inevitably sighed in relief, only to then keep the plan going.

"Ok then, Happy and I will leave now" Cana claim, confidently.

"You don't have to worry, Lucy" Happy added with a smile. "We'll keep Natsu under control"

I smiled slightly. "Thanks guys. I don't know what I'd do without you"

And with that... Cana and Happy left to check on Natsu for the night while on the other hand, Carla, Wendy and I stayed at my house, confident in that everything was going to turn out fine in the end.

<<End of flashback>>

...

And that's basically what happened...

Even for as troublesome or inexperienced as most of my guard team was, they actually had their roles pretty well-defined. In fact, every member was really important.

I believe Cana said something about having Natsu and Happy helping her out with a job... and of course, it would all be a trick to just keep him away from me. In addition, Happy was also a key part in the team since he and Natsu were really close. But for me, the most important member by far was Wendy due to her enhanced senses. It's very well known that dragon slayers have an amazing nose and sense of hearing. Therefore, Wendy would certainly be able to tell whenever Natsu was close.

When we arrived at the guild, everyone greeted us as we took a seat at one of the nearby tables. I noticed that Levy was here, as well as Lisanna and Elfman. But there was no sign of Gajeel, Juvia, Gray or Lily. It seemed like the plan was going smoothly for Levy too. What is more, Erza, and Mira were absent as well. Which meant they were probably following Laxus who, by the way, wasn't here either.

Yup! Everything was turning out as planned. And even if something went wrong, I had an entire guild ready to back me up... Nothing could go wrong at this point... right?

"How's it going, Lu-chan?" Levy asked me with a smile right after sitting next to me.

"Everything's fine... I guess..." I replied, still a bit concerned. "I just hope we can keep it that way"