~11~

You shift around in your sleep, before coming to full wakefulness. When you see Nightmare sleeping next to you, you freak out for a moment before remembering last night.

I asked him to stay. It's okay.

You try to get out of bed without waking him, but almost as though he predicted your move, you feel a tentacle gently wrap around your waist, keeping you in place.

"Don't go..." he mumbles.

"But I have work today."

"When?"

"In about two hours..."

"How long does it take to get there?"

"Like 15 minutes, assuming the weather is nice."

"Then you're staying here."

"But what about breakfast? I'm hungryyyyyy..."

Nightmare sighs, but lets you go. You get up, heading towards the kitchen to make breakfast. You open the fridge, to find that there was barely any food inside.

Didn't I buy food yesterday, I could've sworn- Oh wait, that's right.

You dropped them on the street when Error was trying to kill you. You'll have to buy some more groceries later. For now, you decide to make do with what you have as of right now. You really should be buying food more often...

You find some instant noodles pretty quickly with how empty the fridge is. You honestly don't remember buying these, but oh well. Guess you're having spaghetti for breakfast today. Hopefully, Nightmare won't mind.

You open the package, following the instructions on the back to bring the water to a boil, before dropping the noodles in there and poking it with a spoon in an attempt to get them to break apart from its square shape.

You feel arms wrap around you from behind.

"Spaghetti for breakfast?" Nightmare says, looking over your shoulder.

"I just... was in the mood for some this morning," you lie. You can tell that he probably doesn't believe you, but he doesn't try to press further.

"Hey, don't you have a gang to watch over?" You ask suddenly. Several seconds pass before he responds.

"I... left them unsupervised... for a whole night..." he says, slowly. His tone is a little scary.

"Nightmare...?"

"Igottagoseeyoulaterloveyoubye"

He makes a run for the door, and you stand in place for a few seconds as you process what just happened.

You begin running after him.

"Wait, Nightmare! What about-" You stop midsentence when he teleports, leaving a puddle of goop on your doorstep.

💛

Blue, Ink and I watch from the doodle sphere as (Y/N) stands on her doorstep for several moments in confusion before going back inside. We've been keeping an eye on her ever since we escaped.

"What do you think Nightmare was doing in the human's-" Blue pauses. "Wait no... Humans don't have wings... What do you think in the angel's house?"

Angel? Yeah, I guess you could call her that... Disregarding the wings, she's a kind, caring person. She's pretty and-

"Dream?"

"What?" I look up at Ink, snapping out of my thoughts.

"I asked you if you could sense her emotions for us. Is she with the bad sanses or not?"