3

Calum was only slightly less frazzled by the set the next day. Everything around him still seemed to be a frenzy and though he was usually quick to adapt, he was out of his element which left him feeling anxious as he made his way from wardrobe, where he'd been dressed in a navy sports jacket, white button down with navy pants and brown boots, to the hair and makeup trailer.

He had his own of course, the women he was set to meet were to be kept away from him until the cameras were around to capture their first introductions. Makeup and hair he could handle, he'd done enough TV appearance performances with the boys to understand it's necessity to keep even his brown skin from appearing washed out. He was far more put off by the idea of having his first interactions with ten women recorded. He was habitually terrible at first impressions, especially with women he could envision himself with romantically and so the thought alone had his knee bouncing uncontrollably in the chair.

"You gotta cut that out." The stylist told him, staring daggers at his still jumping knee as she held a concealer brush near his face.

"Sorry."

"Why are you nervous? You've played shows to packed stadiums, this should be a cake walk."

"It's different when I'm on stage. I'm not alone then and people are judging the music and performance not judging...well they aren't really judging me. I've never done anything like this. I'm not used to putting my personal life and my heart so clearly on display."

"Why do it then?"

"My band asked me to." He shrugged.

She seemed to realize he didn't have much more to offer there and left him to his thoughts, finishing up only a few moments later.

"I'm Kat by the way. I'll be fixing you up every day and making sure you look presentable."

"Nice to meet you, Kat. I'll do my best to not come in looking like complete shit."

She laughed and shooed him off. He barely made it out of the trailer before being greeted by a production assistant who escorted him to Brad. The smartly dressed man took a break from ordering around the crew when he caught a glimpse of Calum.

"Cal! First day of shooting, you excited?"

Cal forced a smile and gave a curt nod. "Bit nervous but mostly excited, yeah." He said, his hands rising to rest on his hips.

"Don't be nervous. Let me get everyone in position while you sit over there in your chair and then we'll clue you in on what to expect tonight. That sound good?"

Calum nodded in agreement and marched towards the chair labeled with his name that Brad had gestured to. He sat in awe as the area around him was transformed from just the front walk of any large house to a TV show set ready for its big debut.

Though Brad had two important roles on the show, both director and producer, he never seemed overwhelmed and Calum wondered more than once how he managed that. He himself felt overwhelmed from simply watching the man work.

"Cal, we're ready for you!" Brad called to Calum who stood and let himself be positioned for the first of his scenes of the day. They wanted lots of shots of him walking around the house to layer his voice overs he'd done the day before so that anyone unfamiliar with him would have the chance to learn a bit about him before they got things rolling with the girls.

When they were satisfied with his solo shots they broke for dinner, they had started shooting just after noon. Calum fell in line for catering with his stomach growling, grabbing himself a plate and filling it with his choice of the offerings before heading for the drink area.