- 𝗉𝗂𝗍𝗒 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗒 -

" it's my party and i'll cry if i want to! "

[ Y/n ]
Tyler and I decided that despite our break, we were still getting married on December 19th. We were at our rehearsal dinner, Tyler and I stood quietly in the empty ballroom, food all around us. A simplified version of our cake sat in front of us. I was eating it with my fork, not bothering to cut it.

"Maybe they got the wrong date..." Tyler muttered, calling his best friend. I cried silently, why do they refuse to be here for us?

"Hey man... It's um... It's the rehearsal dinner, you're late."

I picked off one of the fondant flowers, eating it. "What the fuck?" Tyler pulled his phone away from his ear. "He said he couldn't make it and hung up."

I laughed pulling off another flower and feeding it to Tyler.

"Do they not want us together? All of my family and friends liked you..." I mumbled. "So do mine but I don't know what's going on..."

I looked up at him and he gave me a pitiful look back. "Should we just elope Tyler?"

He sighed and shrugged, running his hands through his hair. "Fuck..." I whispered, eating more cake.

. . .

Tyler and I slow danced to the music he'd started playing through the speakers. I was a little drunk, but sober enough to get by. Tyler rested his head on mine, kissing my hair. "You're perfect." He whispered. I laughed, gripping his jacket. "So are you Ty."

He leaned down to my ear, making me shiver. "I'm glad we aren't fighting anymore." He kissed the skin under my ear and we continued dancing. I pulled away and stared at him. "A mariachi band."

He was obviously confused and taken aback by my comment. "At the wedding."

"Baby our theme is Christmas. A mariachi band wouldn't fit in. Plus, we already have our live music."

He looked down at his phone and continued. "If you want to see a mariachi band I can-"

I grabbed his arm and he looked up. I stared at the door and watched as a mariachi band passed by. "That is so very lucky.... Those are for someone else's wedding dinner.." Tyler whispered. I smiled and took his hand, pulling him out of the room. We followed the band into one of the other ballrooms, standing towards the back. The groomsman finished his toast and everyone applauded.

The bride stood up and started talking while the band set up. The bride spotted us and Tyler tried to pull me out of the room. She finished and signaled for the band to play. The bride approached us and Tyler picked me up. She followed us out into the hall and I waved her over. "Ty stop..." He set me down and she came over to us.

"Who are you?"

"We're getting married here too! Except tonight was our practice dinner and no one showed up."

I tend to over share when I'm drunk. "That's terrible... You're both dressed nicely so.. Would you like to join my husband and I for a few minutes?"

I looked up at Tyler, who shrugged. I grinned and thanked her walking, towards the room.

. . .

Tyler and I left at midnight, returning to our house. I couldn't help but have an odd feeling in my stomach. I'm just drunk... I laid in bed with Tyler, our bare bodies pressed against each other. We weren't horny but it was just a romantic thing we did. He kissed my shoulders as I closed my eyes, falling asleep.