Chapter 2- The Smithsonian

Once Sam drops me off at the Triskelion, I get out of the car and walk inside the building

Once Sam drops me off at the Triskelion, I get out of the car and walk inside the building. The place was buzzing with S.H.I.E.L.D. workers and agents, as it usually is. I greet a few of the agents that walked past me and head up to my room. I close the door behind me once I make it to my room and pull out my phone. I scroll through my contacts list to find Dr. Wilson's name and hesitate for a moment before clicking on it.

It took a few seconds for Dr. Wilson to answer the phone. The ringing stops when I hear him pick up the phone. "Hello?" He says.

"Dr. Wilson, it's Kaitlyn." I say.

"Kaitlyn! It's so good to hear from you. How is everything?" Dr. Wilson says.

"Things could be better. I'm in D.C." I say.

"So I hear. What have you been up to?" Dr. Wilson asks.

"Oh, you know the usual. Training. Hiding from the government. More training." I let out a quiet chuckle.

Dr. Wilson chuckles. "I hear your birthday is coming up. You doing anything fun?"

"Honestly, I don't think I'm going to do anything this year. I'm still on lockdown, remember?" I say.

"Well, that shouldn't keep you from having a little fun. Even heroes need to have some fun every now and then." Dr. Wilson says.

"I guess so." I say with a sigh.

"Listen, I've been in contact with your friend, Sam. Says you've been having nightmares again. You want to talk about what's been going on?" Dr. Wilson asks.

"You know, I really don't want to." I say.

"Kaitlyn, you can't keep doing this. You can't keep shutting people out. You have to talk to someone." Dr. Wilson says.

"I am talking." I say.

"That's not what I mean. This isn't healthy. What you're doing. Hiding your nightmares. If you won't talk to me, talk to someone close. A friend, maybe."

I have a close friend and he's miles away on Asgard.

"I care about you, Kaitlyn, and I want what's best for you. I just don't want anything to happen to you. Promise me you'll talk to someone?" Dr. Wilson says.

"I promise." I say, not sure if I'll ever find someone as close to Thor to talk to.

"I have to get back to work. Talk to you soon?" Dr. Wilson says.