Chapter 6- Alexander Pierce

Steve and I were escorted back to the Triskelion

Steve and I were escorted back to the Triskelion. After stepping off the elevator, we walk down a hallway and approach a man named Alexander Pierce who was talking with Agent 13.

"For whatever it's worth, you did your best." Alexander says.

"Thank you, sir." Agent 13 says. She turns and sees the two of us. "Kaitlyn. Captain Rogers."

"Agent 13." I say.

"Neighbor." Steve replies coldly.

"Kaitlyn. It's so good to see you again! Look at you, you've grown. Last time I saw you, you were this tall." Alexander chuckles raising a hand next to his waist.

"It's always good to see you too, Alexander." I smile, giving him a hug. Ever since I was a little girl, I've known Alexander Pierce. He would sometimes look after me when things at S.H.I.E.L.D. got a little dangerous. He is the Secretary of the World Security Council and was good friends with Director Fury.

Alexander turns to Steve. "Ah. Captain. I'm Alexander Pierce."

"It's an honor, sir." Steve says, shaking Alexander's hand.

"The honor's mine, Captain. My father served in the 101st. Come on in." We walk into Alexander's office and he shows us an old photo of him and Director Fury together.

"That photo was taken five years after Nick and I met, when I was at State Department in Bogota." Alexander explains. I was standing next to Steve, looking at the photo while Alexander places his jacket on one of the chairs in the room. "E.L.N. rebels took the embassy, and security got me out, but the rebels took hostages. Nick was Deputy Chief of the S.H.I.E.L.D. station there, and he comes to me with a plan. He wants to storm the building through the sewers. I said, "No, we'll negotiate." Turned out the E.L.N. didn't negotiate, so they put out a kill order. They stormed the basement and what do they find? They find it empty." Alexander places a stack of files on a table and the three of us sit down.

"Nick had ignored my direct order, and carried out an unauthorized military operation on foreign soil, and saved the lives of a dozen political officers, including my daughter." Alexander continued.

"So you gave him a promotion." Steve says.

"I've never had any cause to regret it." Alexander says. Alexander turns to me. "Kaitlyn, why were you and Nick in Steve's apartment last night?"

I got a little nervous when he asked me the question and tried to come up with a good lie. I shook my head. "I don't know." Was all I said. Way to sound convincing.

"You don't know? Well, certainly you must know something." Alexander pressed.

"Well, I was hanging out with Steve all day and forgot something at his apartment and Director Fury just happened to show up." I say. Ooh, that's a good one.