Chapter 10- The Causeway

I sat in the backseat of Sam's car with Natasha and Sitwell while Steve was in the passenger seat

I sat in the backseat of Sam's car with Natasha and Sitwell while Steve was in the passenger seat. We were on our way to the Triskelion. "HYDRA doesn't like leaks." Sitwell says.

"Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Sam says.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours. We're cutting it a little bit close here." Natasha says leaning in to look at Steve and Sam.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly." Steve says.

"What? Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea." Sitwell says. We hear a thud on top of the car. I scream when the glass window on Sitwell's side shatters and he was pulled out from the backseat. I watch as he was thrown out into oncoming traffic and a truck runs over him, killing him. I immediately create a force field when a bullet was shot through the roof while Natasha crawled up to the front and sat on Steve's lap.

I use my powers to pull the breaks causing whoever was shooting at us to fall off the car and drop down into the street. He used his metal arm to come to a complete stop and slowly rose to his feet. It was the Winter Solider. We all watch him with alertness in our eyes when suddenly a car from behind rear ends us, causing Natasha to drop her gun.

The Winter Soldier jumps on top of the car as it was being pushed across the road. Natasha tried to find her gun while the Winter Soldier smashed through the windshield and pulls out the steering wheel. Natasha starts shooting at him but he jumps onto the vehicle that was behind us.

The car was rear ended again. Steve straps his shield onto his arm and holds onto the passenger door. "Hang on!" Steve shouts. He breaks open the door as he held onto me, Natasha and Sam and the three of us slide on the car door through the streets. Natasha and Sam let go of Steve and rolled safely into the street while I still held onto Steve.

"You okay?" Steve asks.

"Yeah." I say, shaking my head.

I watch as the Winter Soldier was joined by other HYDRA agents and one of them hands him a gun. Pointing the gun at me, Steve steps in front of me when the Winter Soldier fires at us and the blast of the gun sends us flying backwards. My vision goes dark when we crash into the window of a city bus. I was gently shaken awake by Steve and the sound of him calling my name.

"We need to move. Come on." Steve says. As I slowly came to, Steve helped me up. We suddenly duck our heads when we hear the sound of multiple bullets being shot into the bus. I push my hand out trying to deflect as many bullets as I can away from Steve and I as we quickly ran through the bus. We jumped out the back window and Steve grabs his shield.

Steve uses his shield to protect himself from the bullets while I stood behind him and with a wave of my hands, I continue to deflect the bullets making some of them hit the HYDRA agents that were shooting at us. I look up when I hear the sound of another shot being fired and see Sam had taken out a HYDRA agent with a gun he had taken.

With most of the HYDRA agents down, Steve continues to use his shield to protect himself and runs towards a HYDRA agent that stood on top of a car. He hops onto the car and manages to take the agent out by flipping him over. I run over to Steve and we duck behind the car Steve jumped down from as shots continued to be fired.

"Go! I got this!" Sam shouts from the bridge. Steve and I run while Sam continues to fire at the remaining HYDRA agents. I was separated from Steve when an explosion knocks me backwards. I start to hear a ringing in my ears and turning on my stomach, I see the Winter Soldier slowly approach me. He was reloading his gun and pointed it at me.

Before he could fire his gun, out of nowhere, Natasha jumps out at him from behind and onto his back. She kicks his gun away and wraps her legs around his neck. She takes out a wire and straps it around his neck. The Winter Soldier tries to fight her off and backs her into a car. He flips her over onto another car and she lands hard on the ground.

The Winter Soldier picks up his gun and pointing it at Natasha, she throws a small electrical disc at his metal arm that temporarily disarms him. The ringing in my ears suddenly stops when Natasha quickly runs over to me and helps me up. We run the opposite way and into a crowd of panicked civilians.

"Get out of the way! Stay out of the way!" Natasha shouts to the civilians. I cry out in pain when I felt the bullet rip into my shoulder and fall onto my knees.

"Kaitlyn!" Natasha shouts. I held onto my shoulder and the two of us duck behind a car. We look around for the Winter Soldier to see where he might be coming from. We turn our heads to see him pointing his gun at us. Steve comes running in and seeing him, the Winter Soldier punches his shield with his metal arm. Natasha and I watch Steve as he fights the Winter Soldier.

During the fight, the Winter Soldier takes Steve's shield and throws it at him but Steve manages to avoid being hit, the shield lodging itself into a van. I continue to watch them fight. The Winter Soldier was fast. His movements almost too quick to follow. Steve grabs his shield and uses it to block the Winter Soldier's punches.

Steve throws the Winter Soldier off of him, his mask falling off in the process. I look at him in shock when he turns around and saw who was under the mask. It was Steve's best friend, Bucky Barnes.

"Bucky?" Steve says, confusion all over his face.

"Who the hell is Bucky?"

Bucky points his gun at Steve and before he could shoot, Sam flies in and kicks Bucky aside. Bucky takes aim again but before he could make his shot, Natasha uses the grenade launcher Bucky used earlier to shoot at him and he vanishes in the smoke of the explosion. I start to become light headed and could see the blood seeping through my jacket.

The three of us hear sirens and we are suddenly surrounded by HYDRA agents ordering us to get down on our knees. I wasn't shocked to see Agent Rumlow when he comes in pointing his gun at Steve. "Drop the shield, Cap! Get on your knees!" He shouts.

One of the agents grabs me by my injured shoulder and throws me to the ground next to Steve. "Hey, don't touch her!" Steve shouts. He punches the agent in the face.

"I said on your knees, Cap!" Agent Rumlow shouts. Steve puts his hands up. "Get on your knees!" Agent Rumlow kicks Steve's leg and Steve kneels down while one of the agents were already handcuffing me.

I felt a gun being pointed at my head and immediately felt tears falling from my eyes. "Should I shoot her, sir?" The agent holding me at gunpoint asks. I hear the sound of a helicopter flying above us and Agent Rumlow looks up.

"Put the gun down." Agent Rumlow says. "Not here. Not here!" The agent lowers his gun and picks me up from the ground. I felt a sharp pain on the side of my neck and everything around me started to become blurry. The last thing I heard was the sound of Steve shouting my name before I lost consciousness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Oh, no! HYDRA has taken Kaitlyn and has been separated from the group

A/N: Oh, no! HYDRA has taken Kaitlyn and has been separated from the group. What do you think Alexander Pierce will end up doing to Kaitlyn? Continue reading to find out what happens next!

If you've liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote. Let me know what you think. Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for reading!