|10|

"They say the curse of the moon was only to those who were worthy. Nobles tried to find a way to become wolves because they believed it was the source to going to paradise. Many had fallen to the false claim of a civilian. Now only two houses remain from the Noble sacrifice. House Darcia and House Belivian. No one knows if House Belivian is still surviving since no one has heard of their sightings since the last century. Some say they live in a city dep within in the forest of death. Some say they create a city for those who made it past. But so many fear the forest of death that no one has even attempted to find it. So their House has been lost to mythical tales." -Book of the Moon chapter 40.

Codi's POV

It had been a few days since we past the forest of death and the rest of the pack wouldn't be far behind. Codi knew that they needed to find their own way from the rest of the guys. They were at each other's necks all the time and Codi figured it would be better for them to go their separate ways. She wished Ariss wouldn't came with, but she seems to fit in better with the guys anyway so they decided to leave when she was sleeping so Ariss couldn't stop them. She did regret leaving her behind, but Ariss gave her no other option. She looked between the little pack they brought with. Toboe, Anastasia, Kaze and her all walked into a small town outside of the forest of death. She instantly felt off and didn't like the place.

"We need to get some food, Codi." Anastasia said as they walked past a few shops selling food. Which made all their stomachs cry in pain.

"Yeah your right, but there's no way in hell we can grab and go. There are a lot of soldiers in this town. More than the domed city I'd say." I said noticing the immense number of soldiers in this small street. While the street looked run down, it did have an interesting element. One that seemed all to familiar to me. I ignored my gut wrenching feeling as she headed toward the center of the city in hopes to find somewhere to lie low for a couple days and collect their strength. In her opinion she still didn't know where she was trying to go yet. She was purely going on instinct, which ironically, she hated when they whole group was together, but she now understood what Kiba was going off of. She was starting to miss Tsume though, they had been together for as long as she could remember. She even remembered the vow he gave her the day he saved her life.

-flashback-

"TSUME!" I called out as I looked among the dark clouds that surrounded us. Rain was on the horizon, but it was far from helping the immense fire that burned through the small town, my hometown. I couldn't bear to think that the fire destroyed my whole family. Everything was burned to a crisp and nothing was left. However I refuse to think it was my fault. No matter how much my parents claimed it was. I was a wolf, born into a noble family. I was considered a curse the day I was born. My parents tolerated me, but I couldn't help but think that wasn't entirely the reason. I looked over to see Tsume run towards me.

"Codi, are you hurt?" Tsume leaned down to look me in the eyes.

"N-no I'm fine." I stuttered out, even though my bruised side and broken ribs told a different story. I wasn't about to let him try to make it feel better though. He had enough to worry about. His pack was lying dead surrounding us and it was all my fault.

"Don't lie to me!" He demanded as I saw his eyebrows furrow with his statement. I sighed and gave in, there was no point denying the burning pain anymore.

"I-I" I sucked in deep as another sharp pain bore into my left side. "I think I broke some ribs." I said weakly as I soon fell to my knees.

"Here." He offered as he effortlessly picked me up and carried me bridal style.

"I-I'm sorry, Tsume. This was all my fault." I placed a hand over his chest, right over his bleeding scar.

"Stop blaming yourself, Codi. You are not to blame. I made my decision, your family just decided to say hello at the same time. The pack was dead to us the day he defied my words." He said, growling at the word he. He was the alpha, Beckum. No one questioned his word, until today when he decided to fight back my family as they were destroying it. Tsume and I agreed we needed to run. But Beckum decided to test his masculinity when he made the order to attack, giving Tsume his scar in return for betraying his kind by not fighting. We were a few miles away before we heard a howl. We ran back to see the countless bodies of our fallen brethren.