Breakup and Rain Play

Nick didn't know if he was glad he didn't have work today or if he was irritated by it.
The sky was deep bluish-gray. The kind of color that only comes when it's raining. And his phone was going off every 3 seconds from texts and calls from Amy. He didn't want to block her but-

He curled into himself and let himself cry. He just wanted her to stop. To leave him alone.
If he was at work she would be in the store yelling at him, pleading with him.

Maybe he'd be weak and stay with her. Or maybe he'd get enough courage to break up with her on the spot and ban her from the store.

If he was Clay that would be something he could do. Something he'd be brave enough to do. But, he wasn't Clay. He wasn't Clay and he didn't have the courage to do that. He didn't even have the courage the pick. Up. The. D*mn. Phone!

So instead he opted to silencing the phone and waiting for the rain to join his tears.
And when they did he was kind of grateful.
He liked the rain. And the story he had been told when he was younger made it feel... Personal in a way.

He had always been told if it was raining that the sky was just crying for someone and wanting to give them reassuring kisses, like a mother.
He always associated that well, probably because right after she had tackled him with a hug and kisses.

There was a knock and Nick looked up to the door.
"Yeah," he hummed his voice squeaky.
George popped in and smiled at the boy.

"I tried texting ya but you didn't answer," George chuckled.
"Sorry, Amy's been spamming me," Nick replied.
George picked up the phone and sat beside the taller boy.

"Dreamy wants me to pick him up from work, you wanna come? Get some cheap food and take a rain hike?" George offered nudging the younger boy's arm.
"A rain hike?" Nick asked.
"Yeah! We basically just go to a wooded or grassy area and play in the rain for a couple minutes, it's fun!" George grinned.

"Besides, easy way to ignore, sweet pea," George hummed and hopped up, the bed bouncing beside him.
"Come on it's supposed to be pouring all day! If we don't want to be too wet when we return we gotta do it now!" George grinned and did a half backbend, popping his back.
It was satisfying to hear and George let out a soft moan of relief.

Nick knew he was blushing now, it wasn't just them being human space heaters.
He popped back up and grinned.
Nick sighed and got up with him.
"Fine, I guess," Nick agreed.
"Yeeeeeesssss!" George cheered and cheerfully left the room, Nick close behind.

"Baaaaaaaddddd! SappyNappy's joining us!" George announced rushing down the stairs.
"Yaaaaay!" Bad cheered already slipping a yellow raincoat on over a red sweater.

"Make sure to wear jackets! I will not have any colds on my watch!" Bad declared handing the boys a jacket and their shoes each.
"Ooooo~? When'd I have a raincoat?" George asked studying the blue raincoat in his arms.

"Yesterday~ I bought them while we were out!" Bad chaired.
"Oh hohohoho! You sly devil!" George hummed slipping the raincoat on and flipping the hood up before shoving the shoes on his feet.

Nick was more careful slipping his shoes on, slipping his coat on, and shoving his still buzzing phone into his pocket.
They left soon after, the rain platting against their hoods as they hurried to Bad's car.

The rain only got heavier as Bad drove to Dream's work. It only took a minute for Clay to run out and quickly hop into the car.
"Thanks, Bad!" Clay chirped.
"Aye, Sappy came!" Dream cheered holding his hand back towards Nick.

Not knowing what to do he awkwardly high-fived him.

Apparently, that's what he wanted because he whooped and pulled his arm back up.
They chatted for a while, Clay propping his feet up on Bad's dash. Bad didn't even protest, just simply said, "you better be the one cleaning that."
Clay assured him he would and the topic didn't advance.