Decorate With Me Or Feel Guilty!

Bad's not proud to admit it but he cried.
He curled up in front of the fireplace, fire not lit, and sobbed for an entire hour and a half.

He sobbed so much he didn't realize that any of them had stepped out of their rooms and we're quietly debating amongst themselves on what to do.

Sap's family never really celebrated much of anything, but he loved to celebrate with Amy and Techno's family when they had still been together.
George always felt awful during Christmas. One of the worst seasons to have red and green color blindness.
Dream didn't really have an excuse, in fact, he wasn't planning on there even being an excuse. He wanted to decorate. He and his little sister used to do it all the time. Throw tinsel in each other's hair, pop popcorn to string it but only ultimately either burning it or shoving it into their mouths, and hiding a pickle ornament within the pines of the tree.

"Oh come on you 2, you're gonna feel so bad if you don't help us! Look at him, he's crying!" Dream proclaimed, dangling Bad's emotions over their heads.
George bit his lip anxiously, watching as their oldest sobbed.

Dream, because of course he was going to, climbed over the railing and dropped to the stairs below, startling all three of the other housemates.
Bad frantically tried to while the tears away and Dream scurried down the rest of the stairs.
"Sorry about that! Someone slept in!" Dream made up an excuse, glaring up at the other 2.

Deciding it was better to play along Sap replied with an awkward laugh and a soft, "sorry!"
Dream rolled his eyes, thankful he was playing along.
Dream spun around and frowned.
"Were you crying?!" Dream asked as if he hadn't just been watching Bad sob for the past half hour.

"N-no! I just woke up too, it's ok!" Bad replied swiftly.
"Oh.. Ok," Dream hummed softly.
"Yep! You guys joining me?" Bad asked.
"Of course! Just tell us what to start with!" Dream affirmed.

Sap nodded rushing down the stairs.
George bit his lip anxiously watching.
"Great!" Bad grinned rushing over to the red boxes.
He began explaining what he wanted of them. He pulled out different multi-colored decorations and explained what they were and where they should generally go.

They parted and began to decorate the rest of the house.
George slowly descended down the stairs, nipping at his lip as he watched them laugh and rant about anything and everything. He owned the fourth box and couldn't help but smile.

He pulled some things out, slipped his coat on, and left through the front door.
"George?" Dream perked up.
He narrowed his eyes and slipped out after him. Dream very easily noticed him setting things up by the door.

"Well well well, look what we have here~" Dream teased.
George smiled softly.

"Oo! I'll grab some of the lights and we can set those up together!" Dream grinned reentering the house.
"Dream?" Bad hummed looking up as Dream pulled his coat on.
"George and I are gonna start decorating outside! Come join us when you're done in here, right?" Dream replied.

Bad and Sap agreed and Dream dragged the largest red tub out of the house with far too much enthusiasm.
Dream flopped to the ground, tripping off the porch as he left the house.
George burst into laughter, followed close after by Sap's and Bad's.
Dream stuck his tongue out and climbed back up.

"We have a ladder?" Dream called.
"Yeah, I'll go get it for you!" Bad replied.
He rushed to the back door, followed closely behind by Rat.

Dream closed the front door, frantically trying to block Patches from running out.
George laughed and handed Dream a wreath.

Dream hung the wreath up only for it to fall a good 3 times.
Bad rounded the side of the house with a comically big foldable latter.
Bad set the latter up and smiled softly at Dream as he attempted to set the wreath up once more.

"Here you go!" Bad smiled.
"Oh! Thanks!" Dream grinned.
"I'll take care of the wreath Clay," George chuckled taking the wreath from the taller man.
Dream chuckled and undid a spoil of lights.
"Guess I'll do the lights then. Bad, get back inside! You have no shoes or coat on!" Dream encouraged as if he was the older one between the 4.

Bad laughed but did as he was encouraged to do anyway.

It took 3 hours to decorate the outside and inside of the house. The roof was now lined with little lights, the door finally held a hung up wreath, the tree out front held even more lights, tinsel, candy canes, and fake pine were thrown about the tree and front porch for ascetic purposes.

On the inside the mantle held pine and a little town scenery in the snow, a space had been vacated for the Christmas tree, the railing had fake pine with lights threading through it, each upstairs door held a red fabric packet, a mistletoe hung from the ceiling between the living room and the dining room, the table was cover in a red cloth and close by sat a candle holder.

Bad picked up a piece of paper and pen.
"Ok, we need a tree, advent candles, a Christmas present shopping. We might need to check for tree lights just in case," Bad listed.
George nodded along.
"Hey, what are the packets, and what is the candle holder?" Dream asked.
"Oh! Uh..... These are actually things Sapnap found with him so I dunno," Bad replied looking up at the balcony to where Sapnap was checking the lights for the railing.

"Sappy, what's the packets and candle stuff?" Bad asked.
"Oh! It's basically advent!" Sap replied.
"The candle stuff is for advent candles, you burn them each day in December till Christmas. The other is a family tradition for me, at least it was. You'll see eventually ~" Sap winked at the end, a wide grin plaster across his face before laughing at George's expression of shock, fear, and intrigue, and retreating into his room.

"Ok! Do we want to go out and grab what we need tomorrow or later tonight?" Bad asked.
"Tomorrow, I may have slipped on the ladder, and my wrist and ankle huuuurt!" Dream complained.
Bad laughed and watched as Dream retreated too.

"Bad-"
"Yeah?" Bad turned to the last remaining member of his family.
"Christmas movies?" George asked, a little hesitant.
But the bright smile on Bad's face was 100% worth it.

Maybe this won't be like last year after all...