Prologue

This is my first Omega Verse fic. I literally started reading them four days ago, so I don't know much about the world, but I've been doing research lol. Please let me know what you think.

Prologue

Bakugo never cared about mates before, he honestly wasn't even interested in finding one. After he presented as an omega, that almost solidified his stance on it. He definitely didn't want to mate to be anybody's personal pup machine. If anyone was just fine on their own it was him. As the rest of his class presented, he found the amount of courting happening sickening. Even if you were going to court, there was plenty of time for that after high school, and plenty of other candidates outside their school. Of course, if anyone was going to make him eat those words it would be stupid Shitty Hair. Kirishima presented as an alpha at the beginning of their second year and about half way through the year, the dumbass finally confronted his feelings for the explosive boy.

Bakugo walked into his dorm room after a long day of training, and wandered over to collapse on his bed. He noticed a small box on his desk. As he opened the box, a scent hit him, almost as familiar as his own. It was a pine woodsy scent with orange undertones. He picked up the t-shirt in the box and as it unfurled, he almost dropped it. It was one of Kirishima's favorite band tees. At the bottom of the box was a scribbled note, "This is for you. For your nest. If you'd like please meet me at the school grounds gate at 5 o'clock." Bakugo stood still for a second in surprise, rereading the note. Even though he hadn't ever cared about mates, he never in a million years thought that an alpha would be interested in general. He isn't exactly a typical omega. He looked at the time, 7 o'clock. He was too late. Not that he was even considering going. As he stood there, holding the t-shirt, inhaling the scent, there was a knock at the door. He opened it after putting the shirt back in the box, revealing Kirishima standing there a little awkwardly.

"Hey." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "So I heard you come back, did you find my gift?"

"Tch, yeah of course I did, dumbass." Bakugo said.

"Okay, well I know it's after five, and I don't know where you were, but if you want we can go do something tomorrow night instead. I know you go to bed early so we can just do something tomorrow, if you're interested." Kirishima said, stumbling through his words. Bakugo could smell the nervousness rolling off him.

"So this is a courting offer?" Bakugo asked, cocking an eyebrow at the red head. He was 98% certain that it was but wanted to make sure that he was interpreting the gesture right.

"Yeah." Kiri said, giving a small grin. Every nerve in Bakugo's body sang in excitement. Every instinct begged him to say yes.

"Why?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Why would you want me? I'm abrasive, loud, and I wouldn't submit to anything you say. I mean any omega would probably have just accepted your courting offer, so why me?" Bakugo grumbled. Although he sounded insecure, he was just trying to make sense of what was happening. He never considered finding a mate, let alone at this school, or even a friend.

"Bakugo, even though you may not fit the stereotypical omega mold, you are awesome. You stand up for yourself, and continue to keep pushing yourself to get better. You're crazy smart, and strong. You understand me, and although you can be aggressive sometimes, you will also take the time to just sit next to me if I need it. You're incredibly attractive, not just in looks but personality too. How could I not want to court you?" He grinned widely as his words tumbled out enthusiastically. Bakugo stood there for a second shocked.

"I'll have to think about it." He said, shifting awkwardly. Even though Kirishima seemed excited, Bakugo needed time to think this through and process the offer.