Just Breathe

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING: PANIC ATTACKS

It's been three years after Phillipa Soo has confessed to her Broadway boyfriend, Lin-Manuel Miranda. It has been a while since then, but Lin has had a burning question to ask her.

The problem? He doesn't want their relationship to end up like how Vanessa and his went. Over the three years, Lin still had a few nightmares here and there which made Pip worry. So, she had him go to therapy. After a few months, he's fully recovered from his nightmares and panic attacks...well...until now.

Lin was in the store by himself one day, getting newspaper. Then, somebody bumped into him, making him drop his paper. "Oh, sorry, chico.", the person, a man, said. "Oh, no, its okay, senor.", Lin replied.

But, when he looked up, everything fell apart again, it was him...that...burro that ruined his life. The horrible images. The nightmares. It all came back to Lin. But, he was strong, he stood his ground. The man immediately recognized Lin and said, "Woah, man, what are you gonna do, short-stack, huh? Go ahead, me di cuenta de que (hit me)!!"

Lin whacked the man with his paper and shouted, unknowingly catching attention, "Or what, huh? You wanna go, bro? No se metan conmigo (Don't mess with me), you b*tch!!"

A crowd was standing by and they cheered for the actor. Then, the man swung a hit at Lin, but he didn't even fall. "My name is Carlos Amargo (a fictional character) and I'm pretty much glad I made your wife cheat on you, you a**wipe." Lin's hands shook and closed his eyes. Unfortunately, the images came back again.

Lin spat on the ground and whispered between shaking breaths, "Dios bendiga mi alma (God bless my soul)." He opened his eyes and punched Carlos, sending him crashing to the ground. As he left, Lin heard a series of cheers and whoops, but Lin just walked away, in a panic, with his hood over his head.

Once he got home, he felt it. The panic. Pip rushed to his side, worried and scared. He then sat on the couch, clutching his head, which was pounding and spinning. The images then flooded through his head, faster then his rapping. He then became a crying mess, bawling his heart out and he buried his head in Pip's chest. Pip frowned and sang softly to her boyfriend one of his songs, altering the lyrics a bit (OG lyrics are in brackets):

"This is your [my] street

You [I] smile at the faces
You've [I've] known all your [my] life,
They regard you [me] with pride.
And everyone's sweet,
They say, "You're going places!"

So, just breathe..."

Lin took a deep breath and wiped his tears. "I-I am so so sorry, Pip!!", Lin said.

"Shh, I know, I know. Just...calm down...càlmese.", Pip said. After being with a Puerto Rican actor and singer who speaks Spanish for 3 years, she picked up a thing or two about Spanish lessons (and a few Duolingo lessons too). She hugged her boyfriend.

"I'm here for you, okay, my Linnamon roll. No matter what life throws at us. We just...gotta take it one baby step at a time, m'kay?", Pip said.

Lin nodded and saved his question for later. They then spent the rest of the day playing video games and spent the night...doing things (y'all know where this is going 😏😈)...