An Invite (Part 2)

TRIGGER WARNING: GUN VIOLENCE (I DO NOT INTEND TO PUT ANY OFFENSE IN THOSE AFFECTED BY THE KILLINGS OF BREONNA TAYLOR, GEORGE FLOYD, AND THE MANY OTHER BLACK AMERICANS KILLED BY POLICE BRUTALITY.)

Today was a good day for Lin. He had finally got the panic attack from last night off his chest, he and his girlfriend just got invited to Anthony and Jasmine's engagement party, so...today is a good day.

As the couple chatted with everybody, Anthony, who was drunk, got up and said, "ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT!! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING BOUT!! NOW, JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT FOR ME AND JAZZY!! I LOVE THIS WOMAN WITH ALL MY HEART AND SHE IS MY QUEEN!!"

Jasmine was blushing at Anthony's words and she kissed Anthony, who blushed and kissed back. Lin cheered the couple on and immediately went into thought. He saw his friends. All of his friends, Daveed, Jasmine, Anthony, Rènee, and Leslie are with somebody. And they are living happily together. Then, Lin pondered to the question.

But, all of a sudden, the party and his thoughts were interrupted by a loud BANG! They all turned and saw a man who looked oddly familiar, but with a mask. And it looked like...he had...a gun.

"WHICH ONE OF YOU IS LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA!!!", the man yelled, making Lin's heart sink and his skin turn pale. All he could do was stand there, frozen and paralyzed in fear. His entire body was shaking because he recognized that voice. Carlos.

Daveed went up to the man and started throwing punches at Carlos, but he got knocked out, making Emmy run up to her boyfriend. Leslie, Oak, and Anthony started throwing things at Carlos, but he started shooting at their direction, and thankfully, the three were unharmed.

They all started telling Lin to move, but he couldn't. Some were crying, but they couldn't do anything. But...Phillipa did. She got up and tried as hard as she could to block Carlos and disarm him, but she was knocked to the ground, and Carlos blindly shot.

Lin still couldn't move...and felt a very...very sharp pain on his side. He yelped and clutched his side, feeling a wet liquid. The last thing his eyes saw before going blurry was his bloody side. He then went on his knees making Jasmine, Rènee, Emmy, Anthony, Oak, and Leslie rush to him. He then turned his body to face upwards and Rènee cradled Lin's head in her lap.

Who would've thought...Lin-Manuel Miranda, a man who is always bubbly and hyped. A man, no, a star who is resilient and a fighter, is now laying here, vulnerable all because of a stray bullet. His vision was blackening and his breaths were getting very shallow, almost wheezing. His eyes rolled into the back of his head and everybody was sobbing. Fortunately, Jasmine called an ambulance mere seconds after Lin got shot. Rènee checked his pulse, and praise the Lord and call him ultra lucky, because he was still alive.

Carlos spat on the ground and left the house in ruin. Thankfully, in the nick of time, an ambulance came and loaded three separate trucks, one with Daveed in it, one with Phillipa in it, and the third one with Lin, who was in critical condition, and sped off into the hospital.

Jasmine collapsed to her knees on the front stairs, crying while her groom-to-be rubbed her back in circles. Rènee and Emmy hugged Jasmine and Anthony while Oak and Leslie started to drink, a bit heavily. But, all they could think about was their boss, their friend...the man who gave them the ability to rise up. A man who fought through tiredness and fatigue for six years...is now fighting for his life off of one stray bullet.

Unfortunately, Anthony was hit the hardest since Lin was the reason why he has a job. Without him, Anthony wouldn't be where he is today.

They all sat there, mourning, in hope that their friends will make it. Later on, they all got in their separate cars and drive to the hospital, filling the waiting room...