Oh Man...(2)

This chapter is based off of the events in the Netflix film, "Over The Moon", so mild spoilers. Lin's pov.

I was instantly shook awake by one of the doctors. I opened my eyes and saw that the doctor looked...worried. Very. This made my heart jump. "Mr. Miranda?", the doctor asked. "Y-Yes?"

The doctor looked...somber. "I am so sorry...but, your wife...has...passed away. Her body was failing during the coma, and your baby...also passed away as well. I am so sorry, Mr. Miranda."

I grabbed Pippa's hands and hugged her and apologized a million times. I then collapsed onto the ground, and I found myself in a dark box filled with stars. I then saw a ghostly figure of me, reaching out to Phillipa, but the ghostly figure of her was fading. Then, suddenly, by instinct, I curled up into a ball. I couldn't move. No matter how hard I tried, it was like a ventriloquist was controlling my movements. I just wanted to scream and break free of my chains, but I couldn't. I just stayed in that position and cried for hours.

Then, I heard voices. One saying, "I think he's coming to." Another said, "He's having a nightmare." Then, one of the voices sounded very familiar. "Lin? Please, baby, wake up. Please, come back to us...to me."

Then, I felt a giant pull and I couldn't grip onto anything to resist because for some reason, all I wanted to do was float and sink in my self-pity. But, that all changed once I woke up...