Hello..Ourne?~Chapter 9...

I felt ice creep up my back, and down my arms. I felt my breath catch in my throat. The back of my eyes prickled, but I didn't cry. As much as I wanted to, I didn't. I wanted to cry for everything I knew, because I felt the pressure of everything that has happened in my life slam down on me. My mom..my dad..So what if they are my adopted parents? They're better than my real ones! Sheesh! Sent me away for my safety they say! Humph. If that's what they want to believe.

I think that my real parents sent me away, because I'm annoying brat with an attitude. All I ever cared about was either myself or Michael. I should've said "I love you" more to my parents. I should've respected them more than I did. But now they're gone. Poof. Nada. Out of my reach.

99% of me wanted to go back. Not just to the Human World but to the past. 1% of me wanted to be brave, and told me that this was a wonderful experience to gain knowledge. If I went back now, Michael wouldn't be there. He would be in hiding. I would be miserable, yet again.

Here I could start a new life. Get a new reputation. Make some friends even. I was torn when my 1% started to grow even bigger. But then there's Liam..and Taylor..Pumpkin..and so many other strangers that I could've been friends with.

A part of me wanted to back down, curl into a ball and cry out an ocean. A different part, that I'm starting to discover, wants to smack Loretta in the face. Why did she have to hate on me? What the hell did I do to her? Was she always this nasty to everyone? Annoying bee-ach! I needed to find out what her problem was. I also needed to figure out my feelings and emotions.

I hate being so confused. I hate being in places where I don't know where to go, and feel awkward and stupid. I hate feeling guilty for the things I've done, though I know that I deserve to feel this way to say the least. I should've been more considerate, and thoughtful. I wasn't a bad person, but I could've been better. I could've made friends when Michael disappeared instead of becoming depressed like a fucking princess waiting for her knight in shinning armour. Sorry, but that isn't what's going to happen. I must be strong, and ignore the petty little marks that the bitch known as Loretta makes.

I knew that it wasn't kind to call Loretta such names, but unless she treats me differently, a bitch she will remain. She will receive no mercy, no pity. What happened in her past, is not my problem. If she has any problem with me what-so-ever I need her to tell me, but if she has a problem with me without even knowing me, then she's got serious issues.

^^^

Abigail looked into my eyes, her amber eyes filled with sorrow. She's going to be a true friend. A loyal companion. I scratched my face, not knowing what to say. Loretta on the other hand looked particularly pleased with herself. Like she just kicked a puppy and received amusement from its pain. Loretta made me sick to the very pits of my soul, and I had only just met the girl.This girl..was the girl who brought me here. Why would she do that?

"Why was I brought here?" I asked whoever will answer. "The Human World wasn't safe. There has been reported sightings of the Outcasts, and it was their duty to take you back to safety..but everyone has been searching for one of your protectors..we call them laoch. He went against his word. Punishment is taken seriously for this rank. Everyone was so busy trying to extinguish him that they haven't been paying enough attention to you." Abigail surely knew her stuff. But if what she said is true then...Michael is in danger..and if he tries to find me..and realizes that I'm not there..

Now I'll never see Michael. If I do, he won't recognize me. I'm in a different body, I could be a totally different person for all he knew. What if they catch him...What will happen if he dies? My body was frozen, but I hadn't realized until I stopped thinking.