12

It was almost Christmas break, and Hazel couldn't be more excited for the midterms to end. Despite the fact that they weren't exactly hard, it was annoying. She hated waking up early and having to get tested for hours on end.

"Hi, love," she turned around at the sound of George's voice, looking up from her book. A frown appeared on her face when she saw Fred and George standing there. She pursed her lips, squinting at both of them as 'George' spoke up, "What is it, darling?"

"Ew, Fred, stop that," muttered Hazel, rolling her eyes and going back to her book. The twins sat in the same table, opposite side of her. They both kept staring at her until she looked up again. "What's going on?" She finally asked, closing the Transfiguration manual, knowing she wouldn't be getting anymore studying done with these two around.

"Why're you calling me Fred?" The older twin grumbled, crossing his arms across his chest in annoyance. "You call yourself my soulmate and then get us mixed up?" Hazel glared at Fred, a sigh leaving her lips before she shook her head.

"I know you're you, Fred," she said once again, straightening the book on top of the table. "That's George," Hazel pointed to her soulmate, who was trying very hard to stop himself from laughing. "How much do you owe him this time?" She chuckled, finally making them break.

Fred cursed under his breath as he reached in his pocket and handed George a sickle. "Thank you," George smirked as Hazel laughed quietly, putting it in his own pocket. "Hi, darling," he scooted closer to be beside Hazel and leaned down, kissing her lips gently as Fred fake gagged at the action.

"Hello, sweet," she replied, still chuckling to herself. "You really think you're going to trick me, Freddie?" Hazel turned and asked the other twin, who narrowed his eyes. "I know the differences between you two," she rested her head on George's shoulder, yawning. "Not even after studying for three hours are you able to confuse me," she mumbled, closing her eyes for a second.

George caressed her hair gently. "Maybe you should get to bed, love," he suggested, making Hazel open her eyes and shake her head.

"The last mock exam is tomorrow, I have to be ready," she mumbled, rubbing her eyes sleepily. Their O.W.L.s were in June, so these were practice exams, to see how much more you needed to study. The library didn't close during exam season, thank God.

Fred and George shared a look as Hazel opened the book again. They began communicating through their eyes, Fred gave a pointed look towards Hazel before turning back to his twin, nodding at him. George shook his head, squinting slightly as Fred did the same motion. "Hazel," Fred began, making George bare his teeth at his twin. Hazel hummed, not looking up from the paper. "George -" 

"I wanted to ask you something," George interrupted, glaring a hole through Fred's forehead.

"Oh," Hazel removed her gaze from the book. "Yes?" She smiled at him, making George smile at her nervously. "Is - is everything okay?"

"Everything's great, love, don't worry," George reassured, rubbing her arm when he saw the worried look on her face. "I was just wondering if you wanted to spend Christmas with my family, at the Burrow?" He asked hopefully. "It would be only for a week, my mum really wants to meet you," the expression on his face made Fred snort.

Hazel's eyes widened for a second. "Oh!" She giggled, biting her lip. "Well, I would love to spend the Holidays with your family... I just don't know if my grandparents would let me," she said honestly, shrugging. They had two free weeks, but they wanted to come back early. "Maybe we could compromise? I could go with you for Christmas, and then after we could go for a couple of days to my grandparents' house? We'd be back with a week to spare," George smiled, nodding in agreement. Fred's mouth dropped open in shock. "You can come too, Freddie," Hazel said even before Fred could complain.