24

mature content, begins and ends with a *

"Where's Hazel?" Harry asked George, frowning. Angie and Alicia shared a look before turning to their friend's soulmate.

George mimicked the look on Harry's face. "I- we were coming over to ask you that same question..." He said, eyebrows furrowed. Fred shrugged once George turned to him with a confused expression. "Maybe she's already by the Black Lake?" George told Harry as they made their way over there for the Second Task.

"I haven't seen Ron or Hermione either," Harry spoke lowly, mostly to himself.

The Second Task had come faster than anyone expected. Harry was able to figure out what it was about thanks to Cedric, who actually helped him because Harry helped him with the first one. Hazel, Ron, Hermione and Neville read every book on merpeople and lake creatures to help Harry. Even then, the team didn't find something that could help Harry hold his breath for that long. Thankfully, Dobby, a house elf that was Harry's friend, woke him up that morning, giving him a gillyweed that would help with that.

Finally, after the boat ride to the middle of the lake, they all arrived to the wooden stands. George quickly made his way to Lee, asking him for Hazel. The dark skinned boy shrugged, shaking his head. "Where the hell is she?" George mumbled under his breath, already feeling worried. "What if - " Angie put her hand on George's shoulder, shaking her head.

"I bet you she's okay, don't worry," she said, already knowing what the boy was thinking. George bit his lip as he stood near the wooden handrail, sighing with concern.

The group watched as four Champions made their way to the edge of the deck. Dumbledore, Maxime and Karkaroff standing beside him.

"Welcome to the Second Task," the Professor spoke, using a spell to amplify his voice. "Last night, something was stolen from each of our Champions, a treasure of sorts," Harry looked around to the other three, who seemed as lost as he was. "There are five treasures, an extra one has been set in place for extra points. This extra treasure has a deep connection to each and everyone of our Champions," Dumbledore said, looking at the students. "They now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface." George continued to look around, barely listening to the Headmaster speak. "Simple enough, except for this: they will have one hour to do so, and one hour only. After that, they're on their own. No magic will safe them," the four Champions assumed their positions, ready to jump of the ledge. "Remember, whoever frees the extra treasure, gets extra points. It will begin at the sound of the cannon."

Immediately after, a cannon went off. Harry quickly ate the gillyweed before jumping in. For a few seconds, he felt like he was going to drown, but suddenly he felt like he was able to breathe again. He touched his neck, noticing he had fish gills, a smile appearing on his face. His hands and feet were webbed, which were very useful in the murky water. He swam quickly through the dark water, following a shoal of fish, knowing they'd probably lead him somewhere. Harry stopped when he heard commotion a few feet away. He noticed Fleur get attacked by a swarm of grindylows, vicious water demons, that forced her to retire from the lake.

"The Beauxbatons Champion, Miss Delacour has unfortunately been forced to retire," the Beauxbatons girls rushed over to their friend, hugging and comforting her.

Fred and George looked at the clock, noticing it had already been about twenty minutes. "Fucking hell I hope she's okay," George mumbled, shaking his head at the thought of Hazel.

"Fleur?" Fred frowned, Lee scoffed. George turned to him, looking at him sideways, raising his eyebrows. "Oh, you meant Hazel," Fred nodded, understanding his face expression.