22

That night, during dinner, Hazel was barely eating. She was sleepy, tired from all the dancing and the events of the previous night. Slowly, she took a final bite of the chicken on her plate.

"Hazel?" She turned her attention towards Lee, noticing they were all looking at her weirdly. "We've been trying to get your attention for the last five minutes, are you okay?" he asked, looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

The girl took a sip of water, nodding with a sigh. "Just tired, sorry," she apologised quickly. "I think I'll head to bed." Fred and George looked at each other before looking back at the ocean eyed girl. "What did you do?" She asked George, crossing her arms. Anytime those two stared at each other like that, she knew something was off.

George smiled innocently. "Nothing," he shrugged. "We didn't do anything." Angie looked between them skeptically. "I'm about to finish, babe," George said to Hazel, voice soft as he picked up his glass of water. "Give me a minute and then we can go, is that okay?" Hazel nodded, squinting her eyes, deep in thought. Ever since the Halloween party, she didn't feel comfortable roaming the halls on her own. She'd rather wait a few minutes.

Angie kept staring between the twins as they communicated with their eyes, narrowing her own. She got Hazel's attention by kicking her swiftly under the table. "Something's happening," Angie told her in a hushed tone. Before Hazel could reply, she got interrupted.

"Nothing's happening," Fred and George chorused, Hazel raised an eyebrow and turned back to her friend. Oh, something was definitely happening.

"Georgie..." Hazel looked at him pointedly. The boy simply grinned at her, putting his hand in his pocket. Angie noticed Fred was doing the same thing. "What are you - " before she could finish her sentence, both twins threw something up in the air.

Suddenly, fireworks began going off. Hazel's eyes widened and her mouth was agape at the sight, her tiredness immediately wearing off. The rest of the students stared at the four of them, most girls in awe and most boys with disgust written all over their faces. The orange and yellow fireworks ceased and turned into a question that read 'Yule ball?'

Hazel turned to George, a wide smile now set on her lips. The boy was holding a flower, which she quickly recognised as a snowdrop, in his hand, a nervous grin on his lips. "So what do you say, darling?" George asked her, pushing his hand closer to her so that she would take the flower. The girl took it with a shocked look on her face.

"Of course I'll go with you, Georgie," she said lovingly as the students began cheering, some even hooting as the girl kissed her boyfriend's cheek, Angie was doing the same, her arms wrapped around Fred's neck. "You're going to get in trouble for this," Hazel mumbled just as Professor Snape walked over to them.

"We got permission from Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore," the twins spoke before Snape could even open his mouth.

With huff, the professor fixed his sleeves, crossing his arms as he glared at the boys. "I will be asking them, Weasleys. If you're lying you're getting two months of detention with me," he spoke seriously before walking away, back to his spot.

The girls looked at them nervously. "No, seriously we did ask," George assured his girlfriend, planting a kiss on her head. "I knew you'd worry," he murmured, making her smile. He truly was the most thoughtful man she'd ever met.

"That was so beautiful!" Hermione sat down next to Hazel, an excited look on her face. "It was so original," she complimented the boys, who thanked her quietly. "You're both so lucky," the girls nodded in response, Hazel put her hand on Hermione's, squeezing it before letting go. "We're all set for the ball now!"