45

After Slughorn's Christmas party, Hazel and George raced to The Burrow. This time, Hazel was the first to land, screaming in victory. "YES! HA!" She did a small celebratory dance as George hit the ground right after. "I win!" George chuckled as he walked over to her, kissing her cheek, making her stop moving as a blush settled across her face.

"I win, I have you," George shrugged, holding her hand as they made their way towards the house. Hazel pretended to be annoyed, rolling her eyes. "What?"

"You can't say that after I just did a victory dance," she mumbled, leaning into his shoulder before George knocked on the door. "Makes me look like an ass," George laughed, shaking his head.

"There's no one else here," he retorted, Hazel laughed with him. Molly opened the door, a bright smile on her face. She instantly pulled them both for a hug. "Hi mum," it was the second time George was seeing her since the Battle of the Department of Mysteries. He'd come around to The Burrow once before to talk out their fight. "Merry Christmas," they chorused before walking in, Molly closed the door behind her.

"Merry Christmas, dearies," Molly rubbed Hazel's arm comfortingly. "Your presents are by the tree - if you want to wait until tomorrow, you can. Since that's when Ron, Ginny and Harry are coming in," Hazel nodded gratefully.

"We'll wait, thank you, Molly," the younger girl said, a smile on her face. She was happy to see her again, there was a warmth about her that Hazel just loved. Still hand in hand, George and Hazel walked to the living room. There were Christmas lights around the ceiling, the tree stood decorated in one corner, the fireplace on, heating up the cold night.

On the couches, in front of the fire, Remus, Sirius and Arthur were sitting down, having a conversation. "Dad," George called, making the three of them turn around. "Merry Christmas!" They stood up to share hugs with the pair, smiling widely.

"Hi Rem," Hazel murmured into the hug before she got pulled into another one by Sirius. "I've missed you both! It's been too long," it had been a month since they'd seen each other, but somehow it felt like a lifetime.

"Too long," Sirius agreed with Remus nodding along. "I'll have to go check out the store soon, Little Fenwick," said Padfoot, a grin on his lips. "I hear it's going great," Remus had his had on Sirius' back as the man spoke.

George nodded, grinning back at them. "Yes, it really is. We're opening a line of Defence Against the Dark Arts soon - the Ministry's even contacted us. They wanna get in on it," the three men had surprised looks on their faces, but it was clear they were all proud of the twins.

"Where's Fred?" Remus asked, looking around while Arthur went to the dinning room to grab a drink. "I thought he'd be here with Angelina, like last year."

"Angie's family invited him over this year," Hazel told her godfather, sitting down on the couch besides her soulmate. "It's only fair for them to switch around," George hummed in agreement, still missing his brother. "Bill and Fleur are spending it on their own this year too, I think he - I think he has a plan for this Christmas," Hazel didn't want to get the cat out of the bag but she had an inkling that Bill was looking to tie the knot.

The other couple sat on the couch opposite to them, still smiling. "Charlie will be here tomorrow! So Bill will probably be here for New Years," George said excitedly. He'd wanted to see Charlie for a while know. Writing without seeing the other for a year was not enough for the younger twin. He was very attached to Charles. Hazel put her hand on George's knee, loving how excited he was.

Arthur and Molly joined them a few minutes later, sitting down on the remaining couch. The group talked about nothing of importance, mainly focusing on the twins' shop and how it was doing. After a few minutes they began talking about Sirius' freedom and how he was finally able to go for walks on the park as a human, with his soulmate. Everyone laughed happily, looking at the long haired man as he spoke. "It's been getting better too," said Sirius. "There's less angry people now that my story's public," that made Hazel's heart flutter. He'd finally be able to be complete.