61

They all looked at each other for a second before walking up the stairs as cautiously as possible. Hermione held on to Wormtail's wand as they creeped around the wall, cowering down to avoid getting seen.

"I'm gonna ask you once more, goblin!" They heard Bellatrix hiss with hatred. "Think very carefully before you answer -"

"I don't know," the goblin retorted, the tone of voice drained and tired. It had been days since he'd eaten last.

"You don't know?" Bellatrix mocked, a disgusted look on her face. "Why weren't you doing your job? Who got into my vault?" They were all hiding behind the wall, staring as the witch interrogated Griphook. "Who stole it?" That's when George's eyes landed on Hazel, who laid at Bellatrix's feet, barely stirring. He felt his chest tighten at the sight. Her gaze was lost and she blinked slowly, as if fighting herself to remain conscious.

"When I was last in your vault, the Sword was there..." George couldn't even make out what the goblin was saying, only heard his heart pounding in his ears. He blinked away the tears as he gazed at his soulmate, noticing her arm was dripping with blood. There was an engraving on her fair, now imperfect, skin but he couldn't quite make it out from that far.

"LIAR!" George's attention drifted back to Bellatrix, who with a casual flick of her wand, slashed another deep cut to the goblin's face. He dropped to the floor with a yelp and she kicked him aside, as if he was nothing. "Consider yourself lucky, goblin..." Bella looked down, smirking at Hazel, who looked back up at her with glossy, dead eyes. "The same won't be said for this one..." The witch raised her wand, pointing it directly at Hazel's chest. The girl closed her eyes, expecting the hit. "Cru-"

"Like hell," George took the wand from Hermione's hand, almost pushing her out of the way, catching her by surprise. He then ran towards Bellatrix, wand aloft. "Expelliarmus!" Her wand flew out of her hand and into Harry's, who caught it midair.

"Stupify!" Harry yelled, sending Lucius backwards. "Petrificus Totalus!" Harry yelled at Greyback, taking his wand and throwing it Hermione's way. Harry pointed his wand at Narcissa to disarm her and get her wand to Ron when -

"STOP!" Came Bellatrix's voice. George's heart stopped. She was holding Hazel in the middle of the room, a crazed look on her face. Hazel's head was thrown back, her chest heaving as she tried to breathe. The Death Eater held her in place by pulling on her black locks, a knife pressed directly into her neck. "Now, drop your wands," she demanded.

Hazel let out a choked sob, trying to shake her head. "Don't listen, George -"

"You shut up, Half Breed! I said drop them!" Bellatrix screamed, pressing the knife more firmly against her skin. They all did as told, staring at the Death Eater. "Draco, take them, now." Draco took the three wands, almost unwillingly, pursing his lips. "Well, well, well, look what we have here," Bella fake gasped. "It's Harry Potter!" She said to Hazel, as if it were a surprise. "He's all bright, shiny and new again! Just in time for the Dark Lord!" Hazel shut her eyes tightly as the woman pulled harder on her hair. "Call him!" She ordered Draco.

Draco's face contorted as he shook his head, lips trembling before he spoke, "Let her go -" George turned to him, a thankful expression flashed across his face.

"Draco," Lucius' eyes widened as he walked towards his son. "Call him."

The platinum haired boy shook his head again with more conviction, swallowing hard. "Let her go, they don't have wands, she's done nothing wrong - let her go and I'll call him -" Hazel's breath hitched as she felt the cold knife grazing at her neck. Draco stopped talking, fearing his words may set Bellatrix off and make her hurt Hazel. The girl could feel the sharp tip of the metal object piercing her skin slightly. "Father, don't," Draco pleaded as his dad stood in front of the others, pulling up his sleeve, revealing his Dark Mark. "Don't," Draco repeated, holding his dad's wrist, looking close to tears. They all faced Draco astonished, never having seen this side of him before.