Chapter 9: Je t'aimerai toujours

After that afternoon of passion and dedication, Clarke and Lexa became inseparable, as if they were living the most intense and great love of their lives.

The next day Lexa had suggested to Clarke that she leave her hotel and stay with her at her home, and that Raven could stay with her sister Luna and her niece Madi, who lived a few streets away from her apartment. The singer was somewhat desperate to not be apart from Clarke, to have her close for as long as possible while she was dealing with her mémé Alexandrine, the doctors and her own family. And that was something that Lexa made slow progress with on purpose.

Lexa knew that as soon as Clarke achieved what she had come to do, she would be gone. Lexa was very aware of what Clarke had told her, that she could stay a maximum of three weeks, and Lexa would make them count.
As for her business, she took vacation days that she had never used, after talking to her sister Luna and Lincoln, her best friend from school, and a lover of flowers and plants like she was.

Lexa explained everything that had happened with Clarke, in addition to introducing her. At first, Luna was shocked when she first saw her, because she had seen the photo of that famous Clarke, that Lexa's mémé Alexandrine had loved so much, and that girl was her living double, as Lexa was of her mémé.

Luna was fascinated by everything, and especially seeing her older sister so "in love". It seemed that Clarke had put a smile on her face that didn't go away. But she also sat down to talk seriously with her sister, seeing her so madly excited by that kind and friendly American beauty. Luna was trying to warn her sister that her new relationship with Clarke might end when she finished fulfilling her grandmother's wish, and she got on that plane destined to return to her real-life, on the other side of the ocean.

Luna tried to prevent another sad outcome in the LesBois family. Lexa listened to her, she knew her sister was right, and she was very aware of everything her younger sister tried to warn her about. It was clear to her that the damn day would come when Clarke would leave, to return to her life with her family and friends, to her work of which she has spoken so passionately, far away from Paris, in the other side of the world.

Lexa couldn't change the fact that her heart was clinging to a very small hope, one of a gigantic miracle of love. A hope that Clarke would decide to stay with her, or after organizing her life in the United States, return to Paris to live with her.

Lexa was willing to wait for Clarke to make the decision to completely change her life, or return to it. She knew she was probably dreaming that Clarke would choose to stay with her, and though her mind was vigorously trying to stop her foolish heart from falling in love, it was a lost battle.

Lexa's hopes remained high, especially when Clarke agreed to stay with her in her apartment without problems, and Raven chose to stay in her friend Seline's small, but cozy apartment. Raven's friend immediately offered her a place to stay without hesitation. Lexa would have liked to offer for Raven to stay at her home, but it was not big enough for three people.

The days passed, Clarke and Lexa living together was wonderful for both of them, especially enjoyed so much every single moment. It was like they could see a picture of themselves living there together in an amazing and perfect life. Clarke was so fascinated and in love with Lexa, in a way that she could never imagine to feel ever, with someone that she just met. But Lexa was doing everything in her power to made her stay as best as possible. She was taking her to magic, incredible places, showing Clarke a very especial Paris, one only residents know, trying to make each day unforgettable for both of them. While in the night and mornings, they were satisfying the need for their bodies constantly on fire, insatiable with love and madness, with total surrender.

They were so perfect for each other, that they felt like they were made for each other. They had very similar tastes, had the same ideas of life. Although Lexa was somewhat more liberal as an European woman, and Clarke as an American, she was somewhat more demure.