2

THIS STORY WILL ONLY BE IN THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVE.

THE SONG PROVIDED ABOVE MAY NOT RELATE TO THE CHAPTER BUT WILL RELATE TO THE WHOLE BOOK. (just wanted to give yall some songs that go with the ~vibe~)

meet me at my car after school

zeala read the message from alejandro, turning her head around to make sure no one was looking at her phone screen. alejandro and zeala have managed to keep whatever they had going on a secret for the past 3 months now. i mean, no one would even think twice about the two together. they were completely different, reputation wise. zeala was the girl who was always quiet, the awkward shy girl that would stand by herself and keep to herself. she had barely any friends, she had her friend group of three and that was basically it. on the other hand, alejandro was well known at their school. he was considered one of the schools top soccer players, being ranked at #9 in his junior year.

of course, no one would think alejandro would go for a girl like zeala, which is a good thing for the two.

school was nearly ending, zeala packing her supplies into her backpack. she usually kept to herself during school. really, she was only herself around alejandro. alejandro is an important person in her life, although she does not make it seem like it. she was at a rough point in her life when she met alejandro, i mean she literally met him when she was bawling in the gas station parking lot.

she was surprised alejandro had even recognized her or knew her. they would always make eye contact but zeala thought it was just that awkward eye contact she would sometimes make with other boys. she had just came off a huge argument with her parents, this one really took a toll on her. she had to leave that house, the gas station was the closet place near her house. she just parked her car there, sitting there in her tears.

alejandro was actually with his friend group, they had went to the gas station really quick to get some last minute snacks. alejandro had noticed zeala's car in the parking lot, he did not know it was exactly zeala's car, but he knew it was odd for a car to be parked for so long in a gas station parking lot.

zealas car windows were rolled down, she just needed fresh air. alejandro saw they were rolled down, glancing quickly to the person in the car which was zeala.

he had recognized her from school, he would always hear the things his friend group would say about her and how awkward she was but alejandro knew how she felt and why she acts the way she does.

alejandro gave the snacks he picked out to robert, insisting he would pay him back. he did this, so he had enough time to go check up on zeala, hoping she hadn't left yet. as he exited the gas station, he saw zeala's car still parked. he could hear her sniffling and quiet cries. zeala heard footsteps approaching her, quickly turning on the car to close her windows because she feared it was some kind of creep but in reality, was just alejandro.

"hey, zeala right? im alejandro, i go to school with you. are you ok? you seem a bit upset." alejandro asked, standing a few inches far from her car.

zeala quickly wiped her tears after alejandro had revealed his identity. she was embarrassed , embarrassed that alejandro had to see her in the state she was in.

"yeah its zeala. hey, not really but i will be." zeala said, letting out a laugh at the end of her sentence. in all honesty, just making it more awkward than it already was.

"do you need anything? i don't t want to leave you like this here." alejandro asked, resting his arms on zeala's window.

zeala did need something, she was in need of someone who would appreciate her, someone who would always be by her side every time she dealt with a situation like her current one. obviously, she didn't tell that to alejandro.

"i just needed to get out of my house, some fresh air. thank you for checking up on me, means a lot." zeala said, forcing a smile on her face to show alejandro her appreciation.

"hey if you ever need anything or just support when you're upset, hit me up. here....that's my number." alejandro insisted, sharing his phone number with zeala. zeala opening her phone and adding alejandro's contact. she didn't think alejandro would be the type of boy to check up on people, he seemed like the type to not give a single care of anybody else but himself.

"thank you so much alejandro, i really appreciate it." zeala said, giving alejandro another smile. alejandro, unfortunately, had to leave zeala because of his friend group waiting in the other car. zeala waving goodbye to him as he did the same, zeala finally knew what it felt like to have someone care about her a little bit.

as the days went on, zeala would text alejandro at least once a week with her situation. he was well aware of her family problems, how her family treated her and how they would talk to her, this messed with her mental health poorly. every time she would text alejandro, he would call her. he knew she did not have anyone to be there for her. the friend group she had, in all honesty, was only friends with her because of how gullible she was. they knew they could get the homework answers, test answers, anything, from her because of how she never said no. she didn't have siblings, she was alone. alejandro was the only person that checked up on her.

one day, another huge argument happened between zeala and her parents, probably one of the worst they've had in a while. zeala packed a week worth of stuff and rushed to leave the house, her parents yelling at her that if she left, she would no longer be able to come back. she didn't care, they would actually be doing her a favor. she had texted alejandro, asking if she could stay at his house for the next week. alejandro's mom knew what zeala went through at her household, she had no problem with letting zeala crash at the house. in a matter of a month, zeala and alejandro were fairly close to each other and still, no one knew. alejandro's friend group had no clue what even went down at the gas station, a surprise to alejandro as they were literally waiting for him. they had just thought he was hitting on the girl, not realizing it was zeala.

during that week zeala was living with alejandro, zeala and alejandro grew closer to each other. zeala was thanking alejandro for all he had done for her, all the support he had shown to her, they shared a kiss. it was special to the two, it was zeala's first. alejandro didn't know that but she was fine with that. as the week went on, they started getting more comfortable with each other. they, for sure, had something going on, it was just a fling or so they called it. zeala was in desperate need of affection, she hadn't received it since her mom married her step dad. everything went downhill ever since then.

fast forward to now, zeala was always with alejandro. alejandro got her out of her comfort zone, she had never been to an actual high school party before meeting him, never experienced with drugs or alcohol, basically has never gone against the "rules".

now, it was a totally different story.