3

alejandro was waiting for zeala in the back of the school, it was almost always empty and rarely anyone came by there, only the people who parked their cars there. it always took zeala a while to get to alejandro because of the crowd of students. as she was on her way to alejandro, she got a text notification.

remember that your dad's promotion party is today. be home by 4, i need to make sure you look presentable. -Mom

she rolled her eyes, she was going to respond with "he's not my dad" but just replied with "ok." she didn't want to start an argument with her mom.

zeala finally arrived to alejandro's car, quickly opening the passenger door as it was starting to drizzle.

"hey z." alejandro said, giving her a quick peck on the lips.

"hey ale." zeala said, a smile forming on her face, like it always did around him. you could consider alejandro her "happy place."

as alejandro began to exit the parking lot, zeala explained what her mom had texted her. complaining how her step-dad never supports her so why should she support him. alejandro hated hearing how both of her parents treated her, he was angry that zeala, the sweetest girl, got treated like she does by her own parents.

her parents mentally abused her, calling her worthless, constantly telling her that she's a disappointment. her mom even told her she had wished she didn't have her. zeala kept strong, she knew it was the drugs talking. before meeting her step-dad, her mom and dad were zeala's bestfriends. they did everything together, her mom and dad were the most supportive people zeala had. then her dad died, he passed in his sleep. this took a toll on both her mom and herself. zeala went into a depressive state, she did not get to say her last i love you to him, he had gotten home late that day from work and she was already asleep. she regrets this every single day since then. zeala's mom on the other hand, took a turn in her life for the worse. this is when she met Nate, zeala's step-dad. he got her hooked on drugs, zeala's mom was never the type to do stuff like that. ever since then, they were always high. they never took anything serious, every time zeala would get awards from school or all A's for the semester, they would tell her she needs to work harder, that she's not putting her all. zeala did everything to impress them, but nothing did that. she only works hard for herself now, to be able to get out of that house as soon as she turns eighteen.

"you hungry?" alejandro asked.

"a little, there's a taco stand down the street from here remember. can we go there?" zeala asked, she had been craving tacos for the past week, her and alejandro had found a taco stand that actually tasted like real mexican tacos and not taco bell.

"yeah i've been craving those so bad." alejandro said, pressing the gas pedal so he could make it across before the light turned red.

"are you all good on the pen?" alejandro asked, referring to the wax pen he had bought zeala. of course, zeala knew her boundaries, she only hit it when she really needed it. it was indica, which made her feel relaxed. her pen was still half ways, not needing any fill ups.

"yeah its half-ways, the battery is fine too." zeala said. she was the person you would least except to own a pen, she was always following the 'rules' but since meeting alejandro, she's started to go against her past self and get out of the boundaries she had established for herself.

pulling up to the taco stand driveway, they put on their hoods because of the amount of rain that was pouring down. there was some people from their school, alejandro and zeala hoping they wouldn't recognize the two. luckily, as soon as zeala and alejandro stepped in line, they were already leaving.

waiting for their tacos, they sat at one of the tables provided. showing each other the tiktok's they thought were funny.

(ALE IS NOT A TIKTOKER IN THIS STORY, NEITHER ARE THE FRIEND GROUP).

they had decided to just eat in the car instead of at the table because of how heavy the rain was getting.

"mattia is throwing a party tomorrow, he invited basically our whole class. you down? we can make our 'debut' as a couple." alejandro said, air quoting the word debut.

"umm...yeah sure, i think my parents are going to one of their friends house so ill just tell them imma be with you. are you actually making this official now?" zeala joked, alejandro hadn't asked her to be his girlfriend yet.

"yup, people needa know you're mine." alejandro said, smirking at zeala as he took a bite of his taco.

zeala laughed, "whatever you say."

"don't forget my games at twelve tomorrow. you can make it right?" alejandro asked.

zeala nodded, "yeah, scouting happens at that game huh." she asked. scouting was important to alejandro, it would determine whether his talent at soccer was good enough to land him scholarships or offers from colleges. he was nervous for this game, he could not make a single mistake, he needed all the support he could get.

"yeah, i'm nervous but i think i'll be good." alejandro said, getting his trash gathered and throwing it in the bag where the food was given in.

"you're gonna ace it, just don't stress it so much. you've been the lead star in all your games so far." zeala reassured, alejandro had been the star in his team this year. in a 6-1 game, he scored half of those goals. alejandro had some offers from colleges already but he wanted to push for more. he wanted one of his main choices to recognize him: Stanford, Duke, Clemson, UCLA, Princeton, and most of all Virigina. Viriginia has had the most talented soccer team in the college league, alejandro wants to showcase his talents there which would gain him more opportunities for the future.

the two were done with their meals, just talking about random stuff about what had happened at school that day. zeala leaned in for a kiss, thinking it would be a little short kiss, but then turned into a heated make-out. alejandro biting her lower lip, zeala realizing this was going to get more escalated. she pulled away.

"we can't do this in the taco stand driveway." zeala said, laughing at how confused alejandro looked. alejandro then laughing and rolling his eyes. he pulled out of the driveway, heading to the spot they knew very well. again, it was a spot that was almost always empty, it was a post office parking lot. arriving, zeala knew what was going to go down.

alejandro quickly turning off the car and heading to the backseat, the two in a moment of laughter. alejandro taking off his hoodie, and the shirt below it. zeala doing the same, although she did not have a shirt under.

they both went back to the heated session they had left off at, zeala quickly glancing at the time displayed in the car screen. 3:10 PM.

"we have forty minutes before i have to be home." zeala said, breaking their kiss every time she spoke up. they hadn't done this in a while, mostly because of how busy alejandro was with practices and preparing for his game the following day.

"that's plenty of time." alejandro said, pulling away but grabbing zeala's face in hand and smirking at her. zeala rolling her eyes as she smilied, going back to alejandro's lips. alejandro flipping the two over to where he was now on top, placing kisses down zeala's neck. zeala hoped no one would notice the car being parked for so long, but it was the post office so those chances were low. alejandro had unzipped his pants and was in the process of lowering them, doing the same to zeala as he still placed kisses down her neck, making marks. they were getting impatient, they hadn't interacted with each other like this in a while, making the two hungry for this. (even though they just ate LOLLLL)

zealas phone was silenced, zeala not able to hear her phone vibrate as she was distracted from everything right now.

where are you? i told you to be here by four, its 3:20. i need to make sure the outfit you have is okay for this. you better get your ass over here in ten. you know how important this day is for your dad. don't fuck this up like you do with everything. -Mom