12

as alejandro and zeala walked besides each other, hand in hand, into school, they began to receive confusing looks. mostly the girls giving a stare to zeala and then conversating with their friends. zeala knew the attention alejandro got from girls was deceiving, she always asked him why he picked her, out of everyone who wanted him. she knew she wasn't as good-looking as the other girls, alejandro told her otherwise. he always reminded her of her beauty, and his luck for being able to have her. another reason why zeala was so hung over alejandro and the way he made her feel.

separating from each other as they had to go to their different first period, zeala got stopped on the way there.

"zeala right?" a random girl asked, zeala nodding.

"hey...is it true alejandro hit you? a lot of people been saying it." she said, zeala pulling up her sweater sleeves.

she didn't know what to say, "no he didn't, its a rumor. where'd u hear that from?" zeala said.

"um one of the soccer team players girlfriend, and yeah um she said he told her, i guess supposedly alejandro told them that but its a rumor you said, right?" she asked again.

"yeah, its a rumor definitely. he would never do that to me." zeala said, looking in the distance awkwardly. she lied to this random girl to save alejandro's reputation, she knew what it would do to him if that got out. she saved him reputation wise.

"ok, i believe you. just know i'm here to support you whenever...here, that's my instagram. whenever you need something, dm me." the random girl said, her instagram handle was citlalyxena, zeala guessed her name was citlaly.

citlaly could notice the nervousness when zeala spoke up after her question, the way she kept on looking everywhere but at citlaly, the way she played with her fingers and bracelets, citlaly went through the same situation. her ex-boyfriend manipulated her into thinking he didn't do anything wrong, but he clearly abused her. zeala's situation was slightly different, alejandro didn't manipulate her but zeala manipulated herself. adding on from the on-going struggles of her family, and house life.

zeala quickly nodded and made her way to her first class, taking a breath as she realized that the situation of what happened with alejandro was now going to become brought onto everyone's attention.

she had to text alejandro of the occurrence she just had, making sure he knew what was bound to happen.

--

alejandro 💕

ale

did u tell the team abt what happened when u yk

some girl just asked me if u did

i said no ofc but she said theres a rumor of it going around

and it came from one of the gfs of the soccer team players

tf no

i only told mattia and kai

did she say who the girl was?

thanks for saying it was false

u saved my ass a lot

no she just said it was one of the gfs

i wasnt going to say it was true

ik what it would do to u

ill talk to them later

thank u z, just ignore anybody who asks u

k

read at 8:20AM

--

this was wrong in many ways, but yet zeala did not see it. she lied for alejandro's sake, to save him and his chances of being successful in his future. she was blind sighted of how fucked up the situation was, how what she was doing was so messed up for her own safety and well-being.