6

"you are the parent of alejandro correct?" the medical assistant asked adriana.

"yes." adriana said, her voice was trembling. she wasn't aware of her sons health, whether it would affect his ability in the sport he loved.

"okay so we did some examining, and movement of his ankle. it's looking like a rolled ankle, basically a sprained ankle. i recommend you take a trip to urgent care just to be sure it is not a strain or anything more serious. he's going to have to sit out of his games for at least a month, his ankle rolled worse than other cases so he's going to have to take more rest time. i'm sorry ms. rosario." the medic said, zeala and adriana were glad it wasn't anything more serious than his ankle, but knew that it was horrible for alejandro to miss a whole month worth of games.

"okay, thank you for the update. is he in there?" adriana asked, pointing in the direction of the locker room.

"yes, we do not have a wheelchair or any crutches available, so we can help you two carry him into the car. you can follow me please." the medic said, making her way to the locker room.

"zeala, puedes llevarte alejandro? voy a dejar a nano en la casa de una de mis amigas." adriana asked, urgent care was almost always a long wait time. emiliano wouldn't be able to be in there for more than an hour, which is likely going to be the wait time, probably even longer.

TRANSLATION: "zeala, can you take alejandro? i'm going to drop emiliano at one of my friends house."

"si, no te preocupes." zeala said, comforting adriana. it was alejandro's first time getting a serious injury, she didn't know how he would deal with it.

TRANSLATION: "yes, no worries."

they entered the locker room, alejandro and the people assisting him waiting on the one out of many benches. alejandro's face was both with anger and sadness, they had wrapped his ankle with cloth already.

"hijo ve con zeala, ella te llevará a urgencias. voy a dejar nano con leila" adriana said, alejandro getting up immediately. zeala rushed to his side as well as adriana to assist him walking to the car as it was obviously very difficult to do so.

TRANSLATION: "son go with zeala, she'll take you to urgent care. i'm going to drop off nano with leila"

it took a while for them to get to the car since it was across the field, taking longer as alejandro needed assistance to walk. once getting to the car, alejandro was sited in the passenger seat. zeala taking his bag and water bottle from the medical assistant and placing them in the trunk. alejandro and zeala waved goodbye to adriana and zeala started making way to urgent care. it was about thirty minutes from their location.

"you're going to be okay ale. the medic person said a one month break. you'll be back quick." zeala said, trying to comfort alejandro as much as she could.

alejandro stayed quiet, zeala glanced over, he was just looking out the window with a blank face. his hand was laying on his lap, zeala trying to put their hands intertwined as another way of comfort. alejandro quickly moving his hand away from hers, zeala noticing the drastic change in his attitude. she was bothered by it but he just had an injury so she understood, or maybe she didn't.

"look i know you're frustrated bu-" zeala was interrupted by alejandro, who finally spoke up but not in the way zeala would think he would.