Daddy's Hugs

Background: January 16th, 2014. The birthdate of your new daughter, Alaina Joy. Now it's the second day of her at you and August's house.

-Y/N p.o.v-

"August, can you please hand me that blanket?" I asked August. He has been running around the house trying to do every command. After handing me the blanket, I bundled Alaina in there and begin to rock her asleep.

"She is so tiny." August said, messing with her little feet. She jerked back and begin moving her hands.

"I-I know. She used to be as tiny as my hand. The doctors had a ninety percent chance she wouldn't survive, but she ended up surving."

Alaina only weighed one pound. Her head is covered with hair. It was like a pom-pom on her head.

. . .

"What do we do?" I asked August, who was trying to sing Alaina back to sleep. We tried singing by the pool, sitting on the stairs, feeding her a bottle, changing her diaper, and even try watching T.V.

Soon, her crying stopped. I looked at August as he glanced at me...

Daddy's hugs...

Fourteen years later...

"Dad, Dylan broke up with me!" Alaina cried, busting in through the door. She and this "Dylan" guy seem to me some official couple.

August was not a bestfriend of her dating boys, he wanted her to stay in school and focus.

Alaina laid on the couch and started kicking, making her younger brother, Anthony look up from playing with his toy cars.

August pulled her into a hug and her crying instantly stopped. Alaina was just standing in the living room hugging her father, feeling like a brand new person.

All because of Daddy's Hugs...

Authors note- This actually sucks!