c h a p t e r - s i x t e e n

Day - 10 and Day - 11

It took the trekkers around 3 hours to reach the Brighu lake, which is tucked high up in the mountains at 14,000 ft. Covered in fog, the green lake hid quietly, ascertaining whose presence is difficult otherwise. Although small, it's presence is mysterious and captivating at the height it is. Aayraha and Shivansh were pretty exhausted by the time they reached the magnificent lake view along with the rest. It might be just three hours but the steep was too much and besides the height that they were at didn't allow them to breathe freely with the heavy backpacks. 

Aayrah took out the monopod as a huge smile crept across her face looking at the stunning mountains covered with fog and the lake filled with crystal clear water at the front. She held Shivansh's hand and walked through the green grass being careful enough to not step on the mountain flowers with the monopod in her other hand pointing at their happy faces. She did a small set of commentary introducing the lake with the information she got from their volunteer and then pointed the camera at the front as she took the whole view into her small screen. 

"It's awesome, dude," she said closing the monopod and looking at the front not believing what she was seeing actually existed and she had no idea about the same. Shivansh nodded his head in agreement also not believing that they were going to miss this stunning lake. He actually turned to thank Aayrah but dropped the plan right away. 

"It's truly unbelievable," he said instead and looked at the front as he took out his camera to capture the surrounding. The fog covered some part of the lake with white snow in between on the green grass. The mountains in the background looked nothing less than a painting itself. It was blissfully. 

He was moved out of his thoughts when Aayrah pulled him closer for a selfie. He stumbled but balanced his weight as he adjusted himself to come in the frame along with her. Aayrah frowned looking at them on the screen and turned to look at Shivansh with the same expressions. Shivansh gave her a questioning look when she moved her hand up towards him. He moved back instantly not knowing about her intentions but she frowned and pulled him forward again by holding his shirt. She chuckled and adjusted a few strands of his hair while he stayed awkwardly frozen moving his gaze around the whole area but her. She smiled being satisfied with his hair adjustment and threw her hand around him as she pulled him closer again. He was a bit reluctant but gave in as he once again adjusted himself and smiled a little. Aayrah rolled her eyes.

"Common, smile widely, Ansh. It looks like I am forcing you to be in frame with me," she said with a frown and still looking into the mobile screen. Shivansh raised his eyebrows.

"It's true, no?" he said teasingly making her frown. Aayrah rolled her eyes and pushed Shivansh away as she moved to the side and clicked her solo selfies without saying anything. Shivansh chuckled looking at her frowned face as he made his way towards her.

"Alright, sorry," he said with an apologetic face. She rolled her eyes again and adjusted the blue strands of her hair so they would come in the picture as brightly.

"I am better alone," she said and clicked a selfie. She looked at it and made a face unsatisfied with the way she looked. She sighed and pointed the camera at her face again.

"Sorry," Shivansh said genuinely. She raised her eyebrows dramatically. Shivansh sighed giving her a look but didn't say anything.

"Pardon?" she asked again.

"I am sorry. Let's take in my mobile," he said and took out his mobile much to her surprise. She raised her eyebrows again dramatically being impressed by the shy boy at front.

"Oooh, that's new, Shivansh Bapat," she said putting her mobile into the jeans pocket and moving to his side to be on the screen.

Shivansh stood awkwardly making Aayrah let out a loud laugh as she threw her hand on his arm once again and pulled him closer. Shivansh chuckled looking at her face as he clicked on the capture button. Aayrah made a few goofy faces and forced Shivansh to do the same. He did look awkward at start but adjusted to comfort in no time as he smiled and posed without reluctance.