c h a p t e r - t w e n t y n i ne

Place - Pune

Aayrah looked at her reflection in the mirror. She thought of wearing a simple kurta and leggings for today. She dropped the plan of getting extra ready for this simple meet and thus didn't wear any accessories apart from her regular earrings and ring. She put her favorite Titan watch on her wrist and tied her half hairs with a clip. She moved her hand on her blue stands and pouted looking at herself in the mirror. She was still unsure about those strands but she loved it anyway so getting rid of them was out of the question. Besides, she has spent huge bucks on them already.

The other part of her worry was her tattoo on the wrist which was visible while the other two got hidden, one beneath the fabric she wore and another one behind her hairs. She thought of wearing a full-sleeved kurta but then thought of going for three-fourth sleeves thinking that even if she hides it today, it will get visible someday and she didn't want to hide anything. She never did it before and she won't be doing it today. She wanted them to accept her for who she was. Shivansh would want that too as he has told her before to not change and that was something she wanted too. To not change for anyone or anything. She took a deep sigh and picked up her purse which was already stuffed with all the necessary things including her mobile phone.

She borrowed the Activa of Prajakta as she knew Shivansh's home already. It wasn't far away from where she was living as a paying guest. She gave an awkward smile to Ahana who was rolling over her bed. Ahana gave her and assured smiled saying that it will be fine. She was happy for her young sister who was maturing gradually. Aayrah said goodbye to Ahana and she waved her back saying Chirag will be picking her up later and that she will be there in no time. That was a relief for Aayrah apart from Shivansh being there.

She messaged him saying she will be down his apartment in the next 10 minutes and pulled the accelerator while getting on the road. Shivansh waited for her at the entrance so she would feel less burdened as well as to tell her about where to park the vehicle. He gave her an assuring smile and she nodded back at him. They walked towards the elevator and waited while Aayrah looked around the surrounding. She couldn't the last time she was here.

The building had a beautiful garden in the middle of the four wings. She could spot the plants in almost all of the balconies. Some children were playing around as it was a weekend while elderly people were talking loudly and laughing with each other. It was nice. She moved her gaze back to Shivansh when he gestured her to get into the elevator.

"I'm so nervous, Ansh," she said once getting inside and when he pressed the button to his 6th floor. Shivansh chuckled.

"It's ok. We are not going to eat you for lunch," he said teasingly while getting a glare from Aayrah.

"How did you manage when you came over?" She asked. Shivansh sighed.

"I was worst than you but I was scared of your wrath than facing your parents," Shivansh said trying to make her smile.

"Very funny," Aayrah rolled her eyes but let out a laugh anyway. Shivansh smiled looking at her.

"But to be honest, once I saw them, the fear went away automatically. They made me feel comfortable and I hope you feel the same," Shivansh spoke again.

"I hope so too," Aayrah said with a smile as the lift door got opened. Shivansh held his hand over the door to refrain them from closing again as he looked at Aayrah.