e p i l o g u e

Aayrah looked around the place feeling grumpy

Aayrah looked around the place feeling grumpy. She remembered her informing everyone correctly about her big day but no one seems to have bothered. She frowned and walked towards the corridor carefully holding her black coat so it won't get soaked into the mud. The rain seemed to stop a few hours back but the dark clouds were still intact shouting for another round of heavy rains. It's been the same for the last few weeks. It was the month of July after all. It was bound to rain.

Aayrah looked in her watch being reckless when she finally saw Ahana along with her parents and Shivansh's parents coming forward with wide smiles. She waved at Aayrah who crooked her eyebrows and ignored them all. She just folded her arms over her chest and let them come towards her.

"Sorry, Aaru but the flight got a little delayed because of cloudy weather," Ahana said wiping her face with a handkerchief. Aayrah rolled her eyes again.

"It is my big day people. You could have arrived earlier. The ceremony has already started," Aayrah stomped her leg on the ground stating her unpleasant mood. The four elders exchanged a look and Shivansh's father came forward finally for everyone's rescue.

"Then why are you here?" He asked dramatically as he held Aayrah's arm and pulled her along in the almost empty corridor, "Let's get going. Common," Aayrah groaned but still followed him. Others just contained their laughs as they followed the duo.

It was Aayrah's graduation day. After getting admitted to one of the well-known colleges here in Kolkata, today she was getting her master's degree. It started out as a little hard decision for her. Getting away from her family yet again, and then getting away from Shivansh. She had witnessed being broken the last time she went somewhere far and it scared her. But everything went rather well for her in the past two years. Her insecurities about her relationship with Shivansh never came in a way. In fact, they both handled everything pretty well. Sometimes, Shivansh would travel once or twice a month to meet her and other times Aayrah took the efforts. They came closer than ever. Two years went fast without her even knowing it.

In this two-year's span, another thing that happened unexpectedly was her closeness with Shivansh's parents and grandparents. She did officially become part of the long back but she actually got closer to them in the last two years. They would call her daily, ask her about her studies and everything in general. Shivansh's Aai would send her some of her dishes along with him or Aayrah would go and visit them when she came to Maharashtra. His Baba would have a video call with her on every football match and they would watch it together. His grandparents adored her the same. She would talk to them for hours over the call. And similar happened with Shivansh, he got extra close with her family and would visit them whenever he would get time.

He is still doing his part-time MBA but he didn't leave his previous company as they loved him too much to let go of a sincere employee like him. So they promoted him with a bigger package and requested him to stay. He couldn't say no to all the love he got so he put his condition of doing an MBA and they agreed happily.