Part 11- His Past (Dark)

''.....ib.....Na....ib.....''

Naib can hear someone called his name. His head felt so heavy. He can't even open his eyes. It felt too heavy to even moving his finger. 

''Sergeant Subedar!!!!!'' Naib startled. 

'' The 2nd team already down! We need to retreat! Can you move? ''  one of his comrade asked him. Naib tried to stand up but then he saw his broken and bleeding legs. 

'' I- I can....'' said Naib. He saw the place was on fire everywhere. A lot of death people lied down on the ground and he heard so much bomb sounds comes from certain direction. Naib knew he need to move now. He needs to survive no matter what. From far, he saw some of his comrade already wait for him and the rest to join them . In a split second, a mini bomb was fall from the sky and hit them all. Naib got push away and was thrown to the other side. 

''Help!!! Help....Noo!!!!......'' he heard the sad voices come from the certain direction. Naib saw all his comrades was in fire.  They all screaming in pain.

'' Help~ subedar..... Help.....~''

Naib widen his eyes in fear. 

'' N-no.... H-how.....It's too d-dange-rous....Everyone....'' Naib felt too scared. He can't even move his body anymore. His mind was blank. Everything happened in a split second. It's too fast. He don't know what to do. He pull out his hands to all his comrade direction but unfortunately another bomb was drop and Naib got thrown farther and everything went black.

When he woke up, he realized that he is in his camp. Naib woke up immediately just to feel pain all over his body.

'' Urghhhhhh.....Ahhhh....''

'' Sergeant Subedar, don't move so sudden you need t-''

'' My platoon! The-y they!!! They all....d-died???!! No!!No!!!! Did they??? Really??? Hey......is that true??? But yeah... I saw it..... I saw them!!!! They all....in fire~....They all..... really died??? is it....true??....'' Naib in tears. The doctor hold Naib tightly.

'' Sergeant Subedar, please calm yourself. You are badly injured. You need to rest. Please, calm yourself. ''

Naib push the doctor slowly. He still thinking about the incident.

'' They all...died...in front of...my eyes...Ha..hahaha''

From that day, Naib became a quiet person, he also refused to eat anything. He seems talking to himself and keep cursing himself. Naib even tried to injure himself with cutting his own veins and laugh when he is still alive. The doctor that treated him mention that Naib has a mental illness and cannot work for the military anymore. Naib was sent to the special military hospital to treat his illness. The military still need his service as Naib was an excellent sergeant with his strategy and his physical ability. 

One night, Naib woke up as usual as he heard his comrade voice.

'' No.... No..... Don't hurt me.... I'm sorry......please.....huuuuu~ '' Naib cried and begging. He felt that someone choked him on his neck. The reality was he choked himself. 

''Ack, I'm.....s-sor....ackkk!'' he felt that his lungs got no more oxygen. He started to cough and his tears non stop flowing. Luckily his movement got monitor by the CCTV. The nurse and doctor who were in charge came to his room immediately.

'' If we gave him so much doze of the medicine, it will affect his organ. We need to try another method to help this little sergeant. '' A doctor gave a report to Naib's superior. 

'' I just wonder, why are you concern about this little boy so much, general?'' Burke asked him.

'' He is the best from the best in our camp, Doctor Burke. We still need his service to be in front line again. His IQ and ability is the top. Not to mention his skills, that's why we still need him''

Burke smirk. 

'' Oh, interesting. So he is the special one?'' Burke nodded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the same night, as usual Naib will woke up. Screaming in pain, begging for mercy, cried out loud until he has no more voice to beg. He has an illusion of a silhouette that keep coming and tried to choke him.

''Please.... I don't want to die......please..... I'm sorry I can't help you......I'm sorry....'' Naib sobbed. Suddenly Naib saw one of his died comrade near the windows. He saw the bleeding silhouette lift up his arm for Naib and approach him in a blink. Naib in terror and he screamed. Naib bangs the door and asked for help.

'' Help me! Help me!! Help me!!!!!'' Naib screamed.

Some nurses and some security rushed to the brunette room. Once they open the door, Naib rushed out immediately and ran outside.

'' Damn,! security, hold him!'' Naib was too fast for them to catch. He is a trained military. It is not easy to catch him. Naib kept running towards nowhere and end up ran to the roof top. 

'' Get away from me, please, don't hurt me!!!'' he sobbed.

'' Hey, nobody will hurt you, boy.'' there was a voice came from behind. Naib look at the man that approached him. 

'' Trust me, you will be fine. Hehehe.'' Naib silent. He looks around him. To the left and to the right. He looks paranoid and shaking. 

'' My name is Burke. Don't worry, I'm just a doctor who just visit here. Don't worry boy.'' Naib silent. Naib started to scratch his arm and fidget his fingers with afraid. Burke put his hand on the boy's head. He whispered something on Naib's ear before he left the brunette. The security who chased Naib already arrived at the roof top. They widen their eyes as they looked Naib jumped from the 5th floor in front of their eyes. Naib died due to the head injury.

NAIB SUBEDAR DIED ON 29TH OF JUNE 1876.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some people digging a grave that belong to one person.

NAIB SUBEDAR (1851-1876)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'' Good Morning, Mr Subedar.'' An old man greeting him once he open his eyes.

'' From now on, you are my property and you are belongs to me,. Serve me as much as you can as a mercenary from now, you understand?'' The old man grinned.