iii. 𝓣𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐄.

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪsᴇ.
"𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐃𝐎 𝐌𝐘 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐍𝐎 𝐋𝐈𝐄,

𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐏𝐔𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓, 𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐘

𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐏𝐔𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓, 𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐘."
ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪsᴇ.
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

          𝓑ruce, Thor, and Jaylanie were walking aimlessly, trying to blend in with the crowd. Well, Thor and Jaylanie more so than bruce since they're fugitives now.

Jaylanie hasn't said a single word since the whole encounter with Hela. She felt everything; she saw everything. Though the cut on her face was not present, she felt it. She felt the sword cut her skin open, the blood dripping from her face and onto her hands, she felt her throat closing up as it became harder and harder to breathe. Every. Little. Thing.

Her face and clothes were covered in blotches of dry blood that stained a dark red, almost a brown. Her arms delicately wrapped around Thor's torso as she dug her face into his chest, his hand rubbing circles on her back.

They all stood in a small alleyway sort of away from the crowd, but they could hear the ruckus from the other side and people still walked around them. Bruce sat on a curb, contemplating something — his hands covering his face, occasionally running through his hair.

It was times like these where she needed her mother the most. Her mother's warm and loving embrace was like no other. Yes, she loved Thor, but he wasn't her mom. 

𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝗳 𝘄𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗽𝗲? 𝗶'𝗹𝗹 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻. Her mind was racing all over the place and she needed fresh air — away from Thor's arms. They let go of the embrace and he placed a soft kiss upon her forehead before she sat next to Bruce who was freaking out. "We're gonna be fine, Bruce. You need to relax before 𝒉𝒆 comes out." She was lying straight through her teeth. If anything, she was freaking out just as much, if not more than he was.

"How am I supposed to relax when we're on an alien planet that's designed to stress me out!" He said, raising his voice at the young woman. He didn't mean to, but he did.

"Jaylanie's right, Banner," the God of Thunder spoke as he sat down next to her — Jaylanie now sandwiched in between the both of them. "I promise we'll figure out a way to get us home!"

A sigh of relief escaped from Banner's mouth. "Thank you."

"Not you're home, though. Asgard, my home," Thor revealed.

"What?" said Jaylanie. The entire time she was working towards returning 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆, not Asgard. She was visibly upset after he said what he said and Thor recognized that, but he decided it's best to not ensue an argument because once she starts, it's hard to get her to stop. Much like the Hulk.