xvi. 𝓑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄.

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪsᴇ. 
"𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐄𝐑

𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐎."
ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪsᴇ.
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Listen to the song above while reading this! <3

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

DECEMBER 2020

𝓣ony, Pepper, and Jaylanie have moved away from the Avengers Compound about a year ago, wanting to get away from all the madness. The rest of the team stayed, including her mother.

They found a beautiful cabin in Upstate, New York, tress all around, a lake out front. They even got two alpacas named Harry & Lloyd — named after the two main characters from one of her favorite movies, Dumb and Dumber. Pepper and Tony got eloped during the Summer, officially married.

It was different from what she was used to, but a good different

It was different from what she was used to, but a good different. It was quiet, peaceful, and extremely isolated, which they all liked and needed. She missed the team a lot. She hasn't spoken or seen Thor since he killed Thanos, she hasn't seen or spoken to Bruce either, not even Clint, who she hasn't seen since 2015.

It was around 7 PM, the 11th of December, and it was already snowing. The Christmas decorations were up, a Colorado Blue Spruce tree was in the corner, next to the fireplace. The theme every year was different. This year, the three decided on a red and gold theme — dedicated to Iron Man. The wood chips in the fireplace cracked as the soft and sweet melodies of I'll be home for Christmas by Frank Sinatra played upon the record player that rested on the small, wood coffee table near the couch.